PDA

View Full Version : Upgrade Laserworks from V6 to V8?

Roger Lueck
08-20-2016, 8:13 PM
I've read some of the posts that allude to the subject of upgrading Laserworks from Version 6 to version 8. It appears that the files generated by V6 are not readable by V8 and vice versa. Are there other problems upgrading from Laserworks V6 to V8; such as hardware compatibility with the Ruida RDLS320-A main board?

Bill Carruthers
08-20-2016, 10:33 PM
I've read some of the posts that allude to the subject of upgrading Laserworks from Version 6 to version 8. It appears that the files generated by V6 are not readable by V8 and vice versa. Are there other problems upgrading from Laserworks V6 to V8; such as hardware compatibility with the Ruida RDLS320-A main board?
Hi Roger
The rld files generated in V6 arfe not readable in V8 but all you have to do is export the file as an .ai from V6 and then import it into V8 and set it up as you like and save as a V8 rld.
As for the hardware compatibilty- Iam not positive but think it should be OK - you don't need to uninstall or remove V6 to try V8- I have v5,6,and 8 installed and working on a 64bit Win7 OS.
Hope this is of some help.
Cheers

John Noell
08-21-2016, 12:08 AM
What are the advantages of V8 over V6?

Jerome Stanek
08-21-2016, 8:40 AM
My rd320 controller is not compatible with version 8

Bill Carruthers
08-21-2016, 10:09 AM
What are the advantages of V8 over V6?
Just a few things that I have noticed John- V8 has a different way of changing the power and speed settings wherein you don't have to open the colour adjustment "box" ?? to alter them, but I don't think it's much of an improvement on the V6 method.
V8 does have the advantage of having scroll bars, at last, which makes it more like most graphics programs to navigate around your work area. There may be other "under the hood " enhancements but I haven't noticed /used them yet.
Cheers

Roger Lueck
08-21-2016, 3:45 PM
[QUOTE=Bill Carruthers;2595587]Hi Roger
The rld files generated in V6 arfe not readable in V8 but all you have to do is export the file as an .ai from V6 and then import it into V8 and set it up as you like and save as a V8 rld.
As for the hardware compatibilty- Iam not positive but think it should be OK - you don't need to uninstall or remove V6 to try V8- I have v5,6,and 8 installed and working on a 64bit Win7 OS.
Hope this is of some help.

Bill,

Thank you for your reply. Do any of the laser machines on which you use V8 use the "Ruida RDLS320-A main board" or do they have another main board?

Thank you again!
Roger

Bill Carruthers
08-21-2016, 7:21 PM
Thank you for your reply. Do any of the laser machines on which you use V8 use the "Ruida RDLS320-A main board" or do they have another main board?

Thank you again!
Roger[/QUOTE]
Roger - Just had a chance to see if the V8 will run the 320 board, V8 has a setting under the model tab for a variety of boards including a 320 setting - I switched to this and tried to run it but got nothing but "Connection Error" no matter what I tried. So I think while it "may" be possible to make it work on the 320 board; but it is not immediately obvious or easy how to make it do so.
Conversely V6 will run both the 320, and the 6442 that I have in my larger machine.

Julian Ashcroft
08-22-2016, 4:06 AM
I couldn't get V8 to communicate with my laser. I tried an uninstall of the V6 Software including drivers and a clean install of V8, but still had the same problem, so went back to V6.

John Noell
08-23-2016, 4:49 PM
I just tried V8 with my SH-G460 80W and it works fine. Of course, I cannot open the V6 files and when I tried to export some as .ai I got "cannot export as ai". So, for now, I am running both versions. The only real advantage I see to V8 so far is the scroll bars. There are times when they are a lot handier than zoom out - zoom in - zoom out - zoom in.

Roger Lueck
08-31-2016, 10:46 AM
Thank you everyone for your responses as well as the time spent investigating the possibilities of V6 and V8.

Roger