PDA

View Full Version : This weeks price alerts

Christopher Stahl
09-27-2005, 10:24 PM
Amazon has the DEWALT DW708 12" Double-Bevel Sliding Compound Miter Saw- DeWalt for $499.00.

chris

Christopher Stahl
09-27-2005, 10:40 PM
Thought I'd add this.

Factory-Reconditioned DeWalt DW051K-2R Heavy-Duty 3/8" 12-Volt Cordless Impact Wrench Kit $122 with free shipping.

If you haven't used of these, they are awesome tools to own. Not just the Dewalt, but the Bosch too. I have the Bosch and I use it frequently.

chris

CPeter James
09-27-2005, 10:57 PM
I have the 14.4 Dewalt impact and once you drive screws with one of these you'll never go back to a driver/drill. BTW, they are greak with spade bits for drilling , too.

CPeter

Dan Forman
09-27-2005, 11:19 PM
What"s the difference between an impact wrench, impact driver, and hammer drill?

Makita has a new 14V impact driver they are packaging with a matching drill for $219. I already have the drill and like it a lot. With the two extra batteries, I would be set for a while. What advantages does the impact driver give over a standard drill for driving screws?

Dan

Christopher Stahl
09-27-2005, 11:29 PM
Smaller, lighter weight. Try cutting holes between rafters with a standard drill. The impact driver fits with no problem. Much higher torque and the impact driver won't rip the drill from your hands. Plus, they use smaller batteries which contributes to the lighter weight.

I have the Bosch 14.4V Impact Driver and it is phenomenal. I haven't used my Dewalt 18V since I got it.

chris

Christopher Stahl
09-29-2005, 11:03 AM
I'll add this one.

Incra 7" square for $39.94 on Amazon.

chris

Dan Forman
09-30-2005, 4:53 AM
Christopher---So you can drill with them as well? Funny you should mention drilling between rafters, I had to do that a short while ago, and it was no fun at all. Can these be used for concrete too? My drill wont go into my basement walls for anything, even with a masonry bit.

Dan

Russ Massery
09-30-2005, 10:15 AM
I talked to a friend who is a Dewalt rep. He said the 708 is being phased out there replacing it with the new 718. (reason for the price drop) Some nice new features they have a info video on there website. I have the 708 in fact I bought it when it first came out still love it after all these years.:D

Christopher Stahl
09-30-2005, 10:18 AM
Christopher---So you can drill with them as well? Funny you should mention drilling between rafters, I had to do that a short while ago, and it was no fun at all. Can these be used for concrete too? My drill wont go into my basement walls for anything, even with a masonry bit.

Dan

Dan,
Yeah, they work great in concrete. They are also fantastic as a drill. So effortless and the fact they are so late makes them a pleasure to use.

Sounds like you need one and a perfect time to get a good one. Amazon has the Bosch 14.4V for $217. :)

chris

Brad Knabel
09-30-2005, 2:17 PM
I just thought I'd toss in a small additional discount that you can get from Amazon fairly easily. They are trying to promote their A9 search engine (it's a Google competitor). If you perform some magic number of searches using this search engine then Amazon will tack on about a 1.5% discount to any orders that you place. (It's actually pi/2 which comes to 1.57% - I'll leave it to you to read the blurb on the Amazon web site if you are really interested.)

I did the following to activate this discount:

1. Go to the Amazon home page and made sure that I was logged in.
2. Entered some search term in the A9 Web Search edit field in the upper right hand column then click "Go". You can use "woodworking", "Sam Maloof" or whatever else you would like.
3. Repeat steps 1&2 for a few days - maybe 4 or 5 days running.
4. You'll know that it's activated when the Amazon logo in the upper left has a pi/2 logo sitting next to it. The discount appears automatically for items that you buy from Amazon directly (not their partners though...)

Then just use the A9 search every week or two.
I have no affiliation with Amazon.

Steve Clardy
10-19-2005, 4:43 PM
Got a DW708 on the bay. $455.00 with shipping