PDA

View Full Version : Question Concerning Speedy 300 Air Assist

Seann Fordham
08-17-2016, 8:00 AM
Hello, I recently posted here about Speedy 300 flexx at work causing bad quality engraving which we recently fixed (3rd mirror was bad) and it's been engraving excellent quality ever since replacing.

I now have a question about the air assist. If I use the 1.5" lens, the air assist will work as intended, but if I flip the brass screw in order to insert a larger lens (2.85" flexx) the air assist won't work as well as it should anymore, maby only 20% of the air will escape from the nose cone (this is using the narrow nose cone). My guess would be the brass screw that screws into the bottom of the head is blocking the slot where the air comes out of, not sure why it would be designed like that, but is the only reason i can think of.

It's not really a major issue, usually just to stop certain materials flaming up when cutting without having to do several passes.

Any advice would be appreciated, thanks.

Mike Null
08-17-2016, 8:05 AM
I don't have experience with a flex but I suspect you need to change the cones when you change the lens.

Seann Fordham
08-17-2016, 8:16 AM
Yes, we were told the same because the cone would crop part of the laser beam, so we drilled a slightly larger hole in the cone and it's been fine ever since.

Keith Winter
08-17-2016, 9:23 AM
Contact Trotec they can confirm or deny what you are saying possibly suggest a fix. Another thing you can do is turn up the air assist by removing the back panel on your laser and turning the the plastic compressor adjustment all the way up. The air assist is typically only turned about 2/3rd up from the factory, that may help.

Hello, I recently posted here about Speedy 300 flexx at work causing bad quality engraving which we recently fixed (3rd mirror was bad) and it's been engraving excellent quality ever since replacing.

I now have a question about the air assist. If I use the 1.5" lens, the air assist will work as intended, but if I flip the brass screw in order to insert a larger lens (2.85" flexx) the air assist won't work as well as it should anymore, maby only 20% of the air will escape from the nose cone (this is using the narrow nose cone). My guess would be the brass screw that screws into the bottom of the head is blocking the slot where the air comes out of, not sure why it would be designed like that, but is the only reason i can think of.

It's not really a major issue, usually just to stop certain materials flaming up when cutting without having to do several passes.

Any advice would be appreciated, thanks.