PDA

View Full Version : EZCAD/ FIBER INPUTS OUTPUTS settings

Martin Safranek
08-16-2016, 3:15 PM
Hi all,

any experience with TTL inputs/outputs on fiber controlers ? I have ezcad 2.7.6 raycus fiber and i want connect conveyor for engravings but i dont have idea how to do ... I need one output with TTL HIGH when laser marking and one input start marking ....

Thanks you for hints.

Martin

Gary Hair
08-16-2016, 3:21 PM
What controller do you have Martin? The new one I put in my older machine has lots of input/output and they just need to be connected and configured in the software. I used one on my newest machine to control the red dot, it was on all the time and I only wanted it on when I clicked on the light button. It was easy to do, only required disassembly of the connector and soldering in a wire.

Martin Safranek
08-16-2016, 3:43 PM
Hi Gary,

its hard to say ... Im ask morntech and no reply ... Problem is that on controler is only label MODEL:IPG FIBER it seems thats may be clone of BJCZ ... Problem is that i dont understand princiles how to use I/O ... I know that port CON4 db15 female is probably used for IO ... i have already pin 9 connected and when i in config Param/port/ set port/pin 9 for function laser marking HIGH and start marking on pin 9 is 0V and i dont understand why .... Its reason of my thread ....

Thank you .

Martin

Martin Safranek
08-16-2016, 5:07 PM
Gary,
please can you describe what you did HW and SW changes in system for red dot control ? I hope that your example will help me lot.

Thank you very much.

Martin

Gary Hair
08-16-2016, 5:39 PM
The attached pdf should give you an idea of the pinouts. I don't think it's the exact board but they all seem to be about the same. Be very careful, connecting to the wrong pin can fry your board! I don't have the fiber computer running at the moment so I can't tell you where the setup is but it should be fairly easy to find.

Kev Williams
08-16-2016, 6:49 PM
Gar, your pdf thinks it's a Corel file, that thinks it's an html file...
;)

Gary Hair
08-16-2016, 8:18 PM
Gar, your pdf thinks it's a Corel file, that thinks it's an html file...
;)

I think your computer is smoking crack... I just downloaded it and unzipped it just fine.

Kev Williams
08-16-2016, 11:14 PM
Yup, I think you're right...

My computer is seeing it as a Corel file, and is trying to open it in Corel, which says it can't open it...
I tried to open it with IE, it gives me 10000 pages of scrambled letters.
I tried to open it with PDF reader, it says it's corrupt..
I tried Open Office reader, it says it's corrupt...

No matter what I tried, NO where does "extract all" show up...

Yet another reason I love Win8 so much...

whaddya bet any of my XP computers will have no problem with it?

Hmmm... Gar, have you tried downloading from a different computer? On XP it defaults to open with Firefox, which does the same thing as IE. If I force PDF reader to open it, it says it's not the right filetype or is corrupt...

Neither of these 2 computers of mine offer to unzip it...

Gary Hair
08-17-2016, 12:16 AM
From any of my 4 computers I click in it and chrome downloads it, that's it. I can then navigate to it and decide what to do with it. Windows 10 has a built-in zip/unzip app so I just double click on it and drag the file where I want it. easy as can be! darn that Windows 10...

Martin Safranek
08-17-2016, 2:27 PM
Gary,

i still dont have documentation for my control board ...my port wiring is bit different from yours. Please can you tell me more about ports numbers in ezcad setting ? Is pin number equal port number in config because from your manual it seems not ?

Thank you.

Martin

Gary Hair
08-17-2016, 3:00 PM
Go here and see if you can find your manual, it almost has to be one of theirs. http://en.bjjcz.com/zxxz.html If you can't find it then contact their tech support, they should be able to tell you what it is if you send them a picture.

The pic shows port settings, they can go to any pin selected in a drop-down box.

Martin Safranek
08-21-2016, 10:35 AM
SOLVED i used pin 8 CON4 against GND for start marking and pin 19 CON2 laser ON like reference for conveyor that laser marking. Unfortunately i wasnt able gain model of control board from aftersales support.
Gary thank you for your hints.

Martin

Gary Hair
08-21-2016, 1:49 PM
SOLVED i used pin 8 CON4 against GND for start marking and pin 19 CON2 laser ON like reference for conveyor that laser marking. Unfortunately i wasnt able gain model of control board from aftersales support.
Gary thank you for your hints.

Martin

Glad you got it working Martin! Now we all need to see a video of how it all works.

Martin Safranek
10-05-2016, 7:39 AM
Hi Gary,

im sorry for delay .. here is short video ....

https://goo.gl/photos/xwQeNgqXQCa2dvNZA

Martin

Bill George
10-05-2016, 8:28 AM
Nice job of automation.

Gary Hair
10-05-2016, 9:14 AM
Very impressive Martin!

Neville Stewart
10-05-2016, 10:12 PM
Wow!!! That's awesome. You should be selling automation and forget about the pens. That's very cool.

Gary Hair
10-05-2016, 11:58 PM
Wow!!! That's awesome. You should be selling automation and forget about the pens. That's very cool.

I agree! I am on the verge of landing an account that would make that a necessity, along with another machine (or two).

Scott Anders
10-06-2016, 12:44 AM
Fantastic setup there martin. I was also interested in finding out about the pinouts for my machine as I wanted to add a Red/Green light and a buzzer for when each job is finished. I contacted my manufacturer ( who will remain unnamed) and they told me it would void my warranty if I did it :( and they're not interested in telling me which pinouts to use, which I'm pretty sure I figured it out anyway. But I won't install the Lights and buzzer due to the voiding of the warranty. Not that the warranty seems to be useful yet as I've asked about replacing the collar for my lenses and they sent the wrong bed with the machine, neither have been replaced.

Martin Safranek
10-06-2016, 2:45 PM
Thanks to all ... but im not conveyor producer i just connect wires to right pins. Now im start working on my own carousel type for tags and other stuff. Biggest problem is time ... day have only 24h. Scott if you have some basic knowledge of programing you can start play with arduino and use it for your lamp with buzzer. If you will read manual for laser source you can find pins which you can use for your purpose. .... Raycus have very good manual on their pages ....controll board must be connected to right pins on laser source .... as fas as i remember i used pin 19 laser on/off signal on laser source controlling cable connector for information that laser marking because im wast able gain right pin description from after sales support... when marking laser on +5v and your arduino can light on red lamp ... when not 0V green light and buzzer :o) Im not programmer but arduino tutorials on web are great ....

Gary Hair
10-06-2016, 5:31 PM
Thanks to all ... but im not conveyor producer i just connect wires to right pins.
Where did you get the conveyor?

Biggest problem is time ... day have only 24h.

And you probably waste 1/3rd of it sleeping when you should be working!

Scott Anders
10-07-2016, 1:39 AM
Scott if you have some basic knowledge of programing you can start play with arduino and use it for your lamp with buzzer. If you will read manual for laser source you can find pins which you can use for your purpose. .... Raycus have very good manual on their pages ....controll board must be connected to right pins on laser source .... as fas as i remember i used pin 19 laser on/off signal on laser source controlling cable connector for information that laser marking because im wast able gain right pin description from after sales support... when marking laser on +5v and your arduino can light on red lamp ... when not 0V green light and buzzer :o) Im not programmer but arduino tutorials on web are great ....

Thanks Martin,
I didn't think I would need a separate board as the pinouts supply the correct voltage to the lights and buzzer and the rest is setup in EZcad software. Anyway I'll leave it for a few months in case I need to claim on my warranty but everything seems to work OK at the moment.

marco rodriguez
02-12-2017, 7:47 AM
I have the same photo plate. In my automation I need the end-of-recording signal. So that other events happen. Which one could I use?