PDA

View Full Version : Need RDCam/LaserWork 5.021

Mason Atom
08-15-2016, 12:53 PM
Does anyone have an installer for LaserWork/RDCam 5.021?

A few months back I installed a new version of LaserWork and my cutter has not worked properly since then. At the beginning of a job the laser head will randomly jerk about 1 to 3 inches left or right on the x-axis before starting to engrave or cut. After this initial dislocation the instrument cuts and engraves perfectly fine. I have checked and re-checked all of the mechanical workings of the laser (belts, tension, pulleys, teeth, steppers) and the power supply and they all seem to be in order. I tried to roll back to RDCam version 5.027 (available on the Ruida website), but that didn't solve the matter. I would like to see if rolling back to the original (5.021) will fix things but I can no longer find my install disk.

The cutter is a Chinese Artsign 6030.

Thanks for any assistance you can give.

Mason

Bill Carruthers
08-15-2016, 4:29 PM
Does anyone have an installer for LaserWork/RDCam 5.021?

A few months back I installed a new version of LaserWork and my cutter has not worked properly since then. At the beginning of a job the laser head will randomly jerk about 1 to 3 inches left or right on the x-axis before starting to engrave or cut. After this initial dislocation the instrument cuts and engraves perfectly fine. I have checked and re-checked all of the mechanical workings of the laser (belts, tension, pulleys, teeth, steppers) and the power supply and they all seem to be in order. I tried to roll back to RDCam version 5.027 (available on the Ruida website), but that didn't solve the matter. I would like to see if rolling back to the original (5.021) will fix things but I can no longer find my install disk.

The cutter is a Chinese Artsign 6030.

Thanks for any assistance you can give.

Mason
Why not try going forward instead of back - RDCam is available in various version 3,4,5,6, 7 and 8 iterations.There is a facebook page called "rdworks" which has lots of them in their files section for downloading- Give it a try.