PDA

View Full Version : Help with jet pin router

jim jones 2
08-14-2016, 7:30 PM
Hi all,

I have aquired a Jet Pin Router POR 22. I understand that it is an Asian model imported by Jet. The spindle is pneumatic, and has a worm gear that allows for added adjustment, by moving the spindle along a way.The pin holder sits below the table and is bolted in place with two bolts. The pin protudes through the a larger hole in the table. The pin sits in the center of a bearing, and the bearing is in a holder that adjust up and down via a worm gear; and locks in place with a set screw.

I have tried several times to align the pin with the bit, but just can't get it right. Any one have any insight?
Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Jim

Wayne Lomman
08-15-2016, 9:40 AM
Jim, you are going to need the manual. I have used plenty of overhead routers including the one Noah used to build the ark, but not this particular one, nor have I had this problem . How far out is the alignment?

jim jones 2
08-15-2016, 1:00 PM
Jim, you are going to need the manual. I have used plenty of overhead routers including the one Noah used to build the ark, but not this particular one, nor have I had this problem . How far out is the alignment?

Thanks for the reply!

Wayne, I have worked on it so many times it varies best I ever got:
.010 over cut front-.006 over cut rear-about .006 under cut right and and flush cut on left I checked the run out and it is .003-.005.
I have the manual and it does not address pin alingment.

Thanks again,
Jim

Wayne Lomman
08-16-2016, 6:55 AM
Jim, is the pin worn at all ie out of round? Also, to clarify, is the spindle rise and fall pneumatic with an additional, manual fore and aft adjustment? Cheers

pat warner
08-16-2016, 9:39 AM
Put a bearing in the collet that has the same ID as the pin.
Maybe an R4, (5/8 OD x 1/4 ID).
Loosen the pin holding adjusters.
Insert the pin (whilst still held in its fixturing) in the bearing.
Tighten every thing up.
No pin adjusting hardware? Forget it.

jim jones 2
08-16-2016, 11:41 AM
Jim, is the pin worn at all ie out of round? Also, to clarify, is the spindle rise and fall pneumatic with an additional, manual fore and aft adjustment? Cheers

Thanks Wayne, pin is not worn mics to with in .001.

Spindle is only adjustable rise and fall. There is a way that allows for vertical adjustment via worm gear, and the spindle also rises and falls pneumaticly.

Pat, thanks for the reply, I'm having a mandrel made that fits the collet and the pin holder, I am hoping this will resolve the alignment issue.

thanks,

Jim