PDA

View Full Version : CMT Router Bits

Jimmy Tallent
09-27-2005, 3:15 PM
Whats the good and bad about cmt router bits,anybody use them,and do they hold up and do a good job? Thanks Jimmy Tallent :cool:

Donnie Raines
09-27-2005, 3:19 PM
I have several. I have been happy with the quailty of cut and how long the have held up. Here is my philospy: I buy expensive bits(whiteside, cmt, ammana etc) for cuys I know I will use alot(rabbets, mortises, etc..). I buy cheaper bits for the not so often cuts. Works for me.... :cool:

John Lucas
09-27-2005, 3:34 PM
I use them almost exclusively now. There were years when I bought yellow, white anad unnamed but it just didnt make sense. My time and the cost of hardwoods dictated that I should not get stingey with router bits and saw blades. CMT have never let me down. Here is something I always have to remind myself "The most expensive router bit is the one that doesnt work."

Corey Hallagan
09-27-2005, 3:39 PM
CMT router bits have a good reputation. They are about the same as MLCS, Eagle America or any other what of they call "Contractor Grade". They do the job and last a respectable amount of time.

Corey

Jim Becker
09-27-2005, 3:42 PM
Good reputation. And especially nice if you like orange!! :)

Tyler Howell
09-27-2005, 3:49 PM
I have some raised panel cutters that are super!

A little scary watching all the metal spin around:eek: , but a real smooth cut.

Gail O'Rourke
09-27-2005, 3:49 PM
Jimmy, I just got one of the cabinet door sets and used it on the recent project (white office suite)....

I love them, they were easy to set up and cut perfectly each time. It is nice to add a quality bit into my not so quality collection, I am sure they will stand up to the test of time, I have more doors to make next week.

pat warner
09-27-2005, 4:11 PM
Easy to get caught up in idiosyncracy or anecdotal evidence. All cutters from all inventories can range from bad to outstanding. A very tough task to sort out. Some cutters (from a single source) are imported, traded amongst themselves (other vendors) & private labeled, or made in house.

Some tips on what to expect from a router bit at the hotlink. (http://www.patwarner.com/routerbits.html)