PDA

View Full Version : What's the device called that ranchers use to keep a tally of their cows?

Michael Weber
08-10-2016, 10:46 PM
Cowculator.

sorry

Ken Fitzgerald
08-10-2016, 11:04 PM
This is Ken in Idaho.....looking down...... shaking his head!;):D

Chris Padilla
08-11-2016, 11:00 AM
Pencil and paper? :p

glenn bradley
08-11-2016, 12:20 PM
So if things don't add up is that a Cadillac? (cattle lack).

Prashun Patel
08-11-2016, 12:31 PM
No bull, that joke is udderly hillarious.

Cow puns are moosic to my ears.

Charles Taylor
08-11-2016, 12:37 PM
So if things don't add up is that a Cadillac? (cattle lack).

That depends on whether or not it's accumoolated error.

glenn bradley
08-11-2016, 12:38 PM
That depends on whether or not it's accumoolated error.

Coffee on the monitor :D

Ken Fitzgerald
08-11-2016, 1:06 PM
Does the cowculator perform "bullean algebra"?

Wayne Lovell
08-13-2016, 7:34 AM
All wise cracks aside I think that this is the little hand held clicker that you push each time you want to record something and it gives you a running total. It is called a tally counter, I have one I use to keep up with how many rolls of hay I have as I collect them (the counter on my neighbor's baler has never worked and I need to know how much I owe him).

I consider mine a the best example I have ever seen of how our government has helped to destroy our manufacturing any send the jobs overseas. I bought the thing on Amazon for $2.34 with free shipping (not prime) and it arrived in my mail box in 3 days (China Post). Some one in China is able to make the thing, pay Amazon a commission and ship it to my home and still make a profit. The Post Office will charge me more than $2.34 if I want to mail it to my kid's house in Dallas (about 100 miles) but they can subsidize a Chinese company to deliver their products here. Don't hold your breath waiting for these jobs to return, our government cannot raise everyone in the world to the American standard of living so they are trying to lower us to the lowest common denominator (except of course for the political class and their elite friends).

Tony Zona
08-13-2016, 4:00 PM
<Wondering how we got from Michael's terrible pun at the start to here?>

:confused:

Tom Stenzel
08-14-2016, 12:14 PM
<Wondering how we got from Michael's terrible pun at the start to here?>

:confused:

When you have something like this you have to milk it for all it's worth.

-Tom

"You can't walk a straight line in a pasture without stepping in a cowpie." -Clint Eastwood in one of his movies

Michael Weber
08-14-2016, 8:42 PM
[QUOTE=Tom Stenzel;2593330]When you have something like this you have to milk it for all it's worth.

-Tom
LOL Tom. all you guys had such clever comments.. I posted the same thing on a motorcycle forum I frequent and got nothing. Woodworkers 1. Bikers 0