PDA

View Full Version : Yeti RTIC

Martin Boekers
08-09-2016, 3:11 PM
Greetings, has anyone tried sublimating these mugs?

Thanks!

David Somers
08-09-2016, 3:42 PM
Wow Martin!

As I understand it, in order to get the stainless steel of a YETI mug to sublimate, at least at a rate that we can see in our lifetimes, you would need to heat it up while in a vacuum. And I dont mean a Hoover or Dyson Vacuum. If you could get some time in the space station that might help. Seems like a lot of work just to get Stainless Steel to actually evaporate? Is this even marketable?

Sorry....feeling silly this morning! <grin>

Martin Boekers
08-09-2016, 3:52 PM
A huge market on base.... I get requests all the time.... for color graphics.... I'm shocked that Yeti or the "Knockoffs" haven't coated them yet.

Gary Hair
08-09-2016, 3:54 PM
A huge market on base.... I get requests all the time.... for color graphics.... I'm shocked that Yeti or the "Knockoffs" haven't coated them yet.

A UV printer with a rotary attachment would be quicker, easier, and more reliable.

Brian Leavitt
08-09-2016, 4:08 PM
LRi will coat them for you, but they have a $500 minimum on coating services.

Mike Null
08-09-2016, 5:58 PM
One of my sales promotion customers screen prints them.

I am not at all a fan of Walmart but their Ozark Trial tumblers at under $10 appear to come from the same factory. Their packaging isn't so hot but the price is cheaper than I can buy knock-offs at wholesale.

Keith Winter
08-09-2016, 7:29 PM
This is something I've been researching for awhile now. This might be what you're looking for.... Google "Hydro Dip Yeti"

Margie Novak
09-08-2016, 8:53 PM
Here is a place to get colored stainless steel ones. Tons of colors, 30 oz for $13. You can get the stainless steel straws. I would think you could engrave them. https://www.wish.com/c/578e3ae45cdce649c552394c

Mike Null
09-09-2016, 8:18 AM
Scratch my last post. JDS will be out with new items in October at real wholesale prices. they will also have black and I would guess that more colors won't be far off. I'm doing some powder coated ones over the weekend.

The engraving price is dropping like a rock. I'm not going there.

Art Mann
09-09-2016, 10:02 AM
Their website makes you "sign in" before you can do anything. They are wanting you to surrender your email address or obtain other personal information. I despise these tactics and will not do business with such a company.

Here is a place to get colored stainless steel ones. Tons of colors, 30 oz for $13. You can get the stainless steel straws. I would think you could engrave them. https://www.wish.com/c/578e3ae45cdce649c552394c

Jeff Body
09-09-2016, 8:15 PM
Their website makes you "sign in" before you can do anything. They are wanting you to surrender your email address or obtain other personal information. I despise these tactics and will not do business with such a company.

I 100% agree

Keith Winter
09-09-2016, 11:35 PM

Seriously....welcome to 2010. Sites like this have been asking for this info for years... Pay more or give an email address. This response is a tad dramatic, use a fake email address if it is of concern. There are even sites now that do one and burn email addresses if you are so inclined.

Mike Null
09-10-2016, 7:47 AM
Sublimation requires 400-degree temperatures. These are vacuum tumblers and I would be concerned that the 400 degrees would degrade the vacuum. They do advise not putting them in a dishwasher and my guess is that the heat of the dishwasher might break the vacuum.

Art Mann
09-10-2016, 10:26 AM
I have most likely been at this internet commerce business longer than you have. I have an encrypted and password protected list of over a hundred website passwords and I don't intend to keep any more. Using a single easy to remember password for all of them is just begging to have your security compromised and is out of the question. It is too much trouble to go through a long list of arbitrary passwords every time I want to log on to a website. For companies like Amazon or Peach Tree Woodworking, which I have done business with for many years, I trust them to not sell my email address. I have those passwords memorized. I am already aware of how long websites have been trying to obtain confidential information from me and that knowledge is irrelevant. If companies want to continue this loathsome practice, then they can suffer the consequences. I am not the only person who refuses to do business with these companies. There are always alternatives.

Seriously....welcome to 2010. Sites like this have been asking for this info for years... Pay more or give an email address. This response is a tad dramatic, use a fake email address if it is of concern. There are even sites now that do one and burn email addresses if you are so inclined.

Matt McCoy
09-10-2016, 11:30 AM
I have most likely been at this internet commerce business longer than you have. I have an encrypted and password protected list of over a hundred website passwords and I don't intend to keep any more. Using a single easy to remember password for all of them is just begging to have your security compromised and is out of the question. It is too much trouble to go through a long list of arbitrary passwords every time I want to log on to a website. For companies like Amazon or Peach Tree Woodworking, which I have done business with for many years, I trust them to not sell my email address. I have those passwords memorized. I am already aware of how long websites have been trying to obtain confidential information from me and that knowledge is irrelevant. If companies want to continue this loathsome practice, then they can suffer the consequences. I am not the only person who refuses to do business with these companies. There are always alternatives.

Have you looked at a good password manager with/without two-step verification?

Keith Winter
09-10-2016, 1:16 PM
My first modem was 2400 baud (I think it was a supra maybe?), after that 9600 baud, US Robotics 14.4, 28.8, 56 k I had them all and I ran a BBS before the internet if that tells you anything about how long I've been around computers and dealing with passwords. While I understand your sentiment, I still think it's silly. You aren't hurting them much by not buying, you are just hurting yourself by paying more.

I agree there are too many passwords to remember these days...This may help...Try lastpass. Makes remembering passwords a breeze and autofills everything for you.

Brent Franker
09-10-2016, 1:25 PM
The engraving price is dropping like a rock. I'm not going there.

About what is the going price for a custom engraved Yeti? From what I saw a year ago it was around $20 to have one done with like a black Cermark process. Is that price out of line? Thanks!

Keith Winter
09-10-2016, 1:31 PM
About what is the going price for a custom engraved Yeti? From what I saw a year ago it was around $20 to have one done with like a black Cermark process. Is that price out of line? Thanks!

I don't do many of these but judging on the pricing earlier in the thread, $20 would be wasted time on a single order. The price you would charge an end consumer would depends on volume.

Gary Hair
09-10-2016, 2:26 PM
My first modem was 2400 baud (I think it was a supra maybe?), after that 9600 baud, US Robotics 14.4, 28.8, 56 k I had them all and I ran a BBS before the internet if that tells you anything about how long I've been around computers and dealing with passwords. While I understand your sentiment, I still think it's silly. You aren't hurting them much by not buying, you are just hurting yourself by paying more.

I agree there are too many passwords to remember these days...This may help...Try lastpass. Makes remembering passwords a breeze and autofills everything for you.

I got you beat by a few years Keith - my first computer was a TI-99A connected with a 150 baud handset cradle that used cassette tapes for data storage. I remember seeing files that were over 15kb and thinking they would take forever to download...

Keith Winter
09-10-2016, 2:49 PM
I got you beat by a few years Keith - my first computer was a TI-99A connected with a 150 baud handset cradle that used cassette tapes for data storage. I remember seeing files that were over 15kb and thinking they would take forever to download...

Haha that's awesome! 150 baud wow

Gary Hair
09-10-2016, 6:03 PM
Haha that's awesome! 150 baud wow

Bonus points if you know what baud stands for - no Google!

Keith Winter
09-10-2016, 6:16 PM
Bonus points if you know what baud stands for - no Google!

Lol! Enlighten us

Gary Hair
09-10-2016, 8:11 PM
Lol! Enlighten us

Well I thought I was all smart and stuff and had the answer but just I found out I was wrong... I was told many, many years ago that it stood for bits of actual usable data. I googled it to make sure I was right, and it turns out it was named after the French Engineer, Jean-Maurice-Emile Baudot who used it to measure the speed of telegraph transmissions. I learn something new every day, my day is now fulfilled!