PDA

View Full Version : Source for Plywood

Matthew Poeller
09-27-2005, 9:47 AM
Unfortunately the place that I buy most of my lumber is getting out of plywood business.

Is there any place to buy relatively small amounts of hardwood plywood online at a good price? I really only use one or two sheets at a time.

Jim Becker
09-27-2005, 9:50 AM
Shipping will kill you. Talk to some of the local cabinet shops. Many times, you can get it from them since it helps them keep up their volume. Full service lumber yards can also usually order it for you, although their markup may be, umm...well... ;)

Matthew Poeller
09-27-2005, 10:15 AM
That is what I thought. I am just sooo opposed to buying from the big box. They also stock a lower grade of plywood which is annoying not to mention that there are only two options oak or birch which I do not use very much......

No here is the conundrum. The best cabinet shop in Olean (a small town) is owned by West Penn Hardwoods, a very good lumber supplier and the place where I buy all of my hardwoods. There have been some posts on here about them and frequent their establishment here in town. They are the people that are no longer stocking any plywood.

I guess I will have to start asking around some more.

Charles McKinley
09-27-2005, 8:16 PM
Hi Matthew,

Have you contacted any of the cabinet shops in Bradford? I thought about selling hardwood plywood online. With the shipping rates now I would have to offer a sizing service also to gett itno a length that was not listed as oversized.

Olean is a verry pretty town as I recall. I went to school at Pit Bradford many moons ago.

Good luck in your search