PDA

View Full Version : Little table finished.

David Eisan
06-14-2003, 10:40 PM
Dear All,

Here is a little table I just finished. It is baltic birch stained to look like Walnut, assembled with my Craftsman clipped head framing nailer. The drawer is all butt joints with painted on HBDT's.

http://members.rogers.com/moreweb/images/t.jpg

David.

John Miliunas
06-14-2003, 11:00 PM
Framing nailer, huh? I think not! Hand painted HBDT'S? Yeah. Right. Nice looking table, David! :cool:

Jim Becker
06-14-2003, 11:06 PM
I don't care "how you put it together and finished it" :D ...it's beautiful!! Nice piece.

Jason Roehl
06-14-2003, 11:40 PM
Well, if you're going to use a clipped-head framing nailer, at least set the pressure high enough so that you aren't leaving hammer dimples when you have to go back and set the nails. :D

Another thing...I think stained Lauan looks more like walnut than Baltic Birch--you might give that a try next time.

Nice job!

(ouch...note to self...get tongue out of cheek before chewing...)

Rusty Hughes, Indy
06-15-2003, 5:24 PM
If I were to use those materials I definitely could not make it look like that.

How long did it take you to paint the grain on those HBDTs?

Very Well Done

Kevin Gerstenecker
06-15-2003, 6:32 PM
Nice Table and great imagination on the finish as well. I like the design, especially the drawer. Looks good! :)

Tom Sweeney
06-15-2003, 8:43 PM
oriented the clipped head nails to look just like dovetail pins ;)

Very nicely done! :cool:

Bob Lasley
06-15-2003, 9:22 PM
David,

I am going to Sears tomorrow and get me one of those nailers. I just can't get that kind of results with my PC nailer. Could you let me borrow the stencil you used for the HBDT's or did you do them freehand?

Very nice job!

Bob

Dave Arbuckle
06-16-2003, 10:16 AM
May we also safely assume all the millwork was done with a rusty hatchet? :)

Beautiful table.

Dave

John Miliunas
06-16-2003, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by Dave Arbuckle
May we also safely assume all the millwork was done with a rusty hatchet? :)

Beautiful table.

Dave

Come on guys, get real! You simply can't get nice, crisp lines like that with a rusty hatchet. Obviously the work of an old Homelite chainsaw with a brandy-new chain on it! :D :D :cool: