PDA

View Full Version : Quick question on Blum 563H undermount slides

Johnnyy Johnson
08-06-2016, 1:33 PM
The Right and Left slides have different positioned and different size tabs that goes into the hole that is drilled in the back of the draw just above the notch. My part numbers match, and I'm looking for a PDF on the blum site. I lowered my 1/4 slot for the drawer bottom about 1/8" instead of having it right on 1/2 inch. That makes the slot line up with the dove tails so I dont have to make a stop cut or notch the corners of the plywood drawer bottom. I will just have to alter the notch cut out to allow for the drawer bottom.

So am I correct that the right and left slides have different hole tabs and this is not a problem? I am going to press the drawer back against the wood to make a mark where I need to drill the hole.
Thanks

Ellen Benkin
08-06-2016, 2:04 PM
Check this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsPkQVZS8pY I found it very helpful.

John TenEyck
08-06-2016, 9:22 PM
Follow Blum's directions; there's no need to go freelancing. The hole location is the same on both sides. If the tabs aren't lining up then the tilt adjusters might have been rotated away from the neutral position.

John

Johnnyy Johnson
08-08-2016, 9:23 AM
Hi John..It's not the position of the tab from the right side compared to the left side. the tabs are not made the same. One side the tab lays flat like in pics in the instructions and the other side the tab is rotated at about a 45 degree as opposed to being flat. The rear adjustment raises both the tabs the same. Kind of like 3 oclock vs 1 oclock of a clock.
Thanks
Johnny

John TenEyck
08-08-2016, 10:47 AM
Yeah, that's the way the are. There must be a reason for it, but I don't know what it is. But they work fine with the hole size and location Blum specifies.

John

Martin Wasner
08-08-2016, 12:58 PM
The hole is drilled the same way. I'm almost positive that the jig for drilling that hole is centered, but I'd have to look for certain. The pin on the back is just turned 90º to the other side.

Johnnyy Johnson
08-08-2016, 1:07 PM
Thanks guys...I just wanted to make sure I didn't have the wrong parts.

John TenEyck
08-08-2016, 2:26 PM
Doh, now I know why they are at different angles. It's so that the drawer back can't move in either plane after it's locked onto the pins. Rather obvious now.

John

Martin Wasner
08-08-2016, 9:33 PM
Doh, now I know why they are at different angles. It's so that the drawer back can't move in either plane after it's locked onto the pins. Rather obvious now.

John

Hadn't thought about it, but that makes sense.

Johnnyy Johnson
08-09-2016, 2:34 PM
Good answer..makes sense
THanks
JJ