PDA

View Full Version : Cutting line thickness is 3mm wide!!!!!

Klaus Madsen
08-06-2016, 6:31 AM
I finally got my machine from China, after I have been waiting for a month http://rdworkslab.com/images/smilies/icon_e_sad.gif

I will tell a little more later about everything and my experience with Importing a Machine from China.

For now, everything is in working order, except the cutting line thickness is 3mm wide!!!!!

I'm am not sure what happened because yesterday I cut a few pieces and they looked ok.

"Only" thing I have done since is to check and adjust the laser beam/mirrors and as far I can see they should all be ok.

I have checked everything for what I know in RDworks, like different seal settings. which I guess is the same as kerf, or what?

Now I am actually pretty sure it is not a setting in the software because I have even tried to Install another software (Lasermate) with the same result.
It doesn't matter if I make the file in RDWorks or Illustrator, still the same.
I'm down to just sending a 50 mm single line to the machine, but no, and I am nearly getting crazy http://rdworkslab.com/images/smilies/icon_e_smile.gif
I have of course looked everywhere on the Internet without results.

Of Course, Focus would be one of the first things you would look for, and yes I have also done a Ramp test, So it is not cutting at all, not even with a lot of power???

Anybody have any ideas????

The machine has a "Set Factory Parameter" which I guess should be the same as setting everything in the machine or controller back to the settings from RUIDA, It ask for a Password and the one RD8888 is not working, even if it is working inside RDWorks.

When I bought the machine they told me the controller should be a Ruida RDLC 320-A But RDWorks see it as 644XG. If I manual under "Model" chose 320 then I get a connection error. So I guess it is not a RDLC 320-A?

Any good suggestion would be much appreciated.

Cheers
Klaus

Mike Null
08-06-2016, 8:43 AM
Klaus

Let me preface by saying I have no experience with Chinese built machines so my input carries little weight.

It appears to me that you have a focus issue and given the size of the kerf I wonder if they sent the right lens. I would continue to work on the focus issue. Most laser software used rgb red for cutting. Have you been able to verify what your machine uses? What size is the line in the drawing? it seems you are sending a line that is heavier than the software will recognize as a cut line. Send a line that is hairline or not more than .005"

Bill George
08-06-2016, 10:01 AM
If it was working and does not work now as the line is to wide IT is not an adjustment. Changing settings and whatever in your software just makes it more difficult to fix. Something mechanical changed, mirrors or perhaps your lens or lens holder is loose. Start at one end, check and move forward one item at a time.

Gary Hair
08-06-2016, 11:19 AM
"Only" thing I have done since is to check and adjust the laser beam/mirrors and as far I can see they should all be ok.

This is the first place I would start - it's likely you have something off alignment or adjusted wrong. If it worked before you did this and doesn't work after, that's most likely the problem.

Jerome Stanek
08-06-2016, 11:34 AM
Have you checked to see if your mirrors and lens are clean also make sure the beam is in the center of the final mirror. You said it doesn't cut on the slope test

Kev Williams
08-06-2016, 12:10 PM

The operative word above is "adjust" -- What I read is 'it was working fine until I adjusted...'

Did you move any mirrors? If so, it's a safe bet your beam is out.

First test-- if you have a nose cone, and I'm sure you do, remove it, then engrave or cut something to see what happens.

If you find it cuts or engraves better, or at all, then you know the beam is hitting the cone and needs to be re-aligned.

If not, you need to to a tape test on each mirror...

You might also inspect the lens for a black spot or it could be cracked.

And this may sound stupid, but check the lens tube for moths, spiders, webs, or other bugs. Been there done that! :)

Klaus Madsen
08-16-2016, 5:14 PM
Thanks all.
Kev you were spot on.
After I adjusted the laser through the cone one more time and cleaned the lens (there was a black spot) everything has worked fine since.

Bert Kemp
08-16-2016, 5:27 PM
Thanks for the update. Its always nice to know what worked and what didn't.Glad your up and running:)