PDA

View Full Version : Got new Computer: How to load the DVD/CD Player??

Clarence Martin
08-05-2016, 11:54 PM
HP 750-217c computer with 12 GB on the Ram and 1 TB on Hard Drive. Says it's expandable to 16 GB. Runs great, but how the heck do I load the DVD or CD in the tray ??:confused: This new computer has the tray that holds the disk on it's side , rather than laying it flat. Can someone explain how to use this new CD tray ? Disks seem hard to stay in place. What am I doing wrong??

David Masters
08-06-2016, 12:14 AM
It's been quite a while since I've had a computer with a CD/DVD drive. I had a CD/DVD drive like this at one time. What I remember was there were a couple of tabs on the tray that held the CD/DVD in place until the door closed.

Chuck Wintle
08-06-2016, 6:42 AM
HP 750-217c computer with 12 GB on the Ram and 1 TB on Hard Drive. Says it's expandable to 16 GB. Runs great, but how the heck do I load the DVD or CD in the tray ??:confused: This new computer has the tray that holds the disk on it's side , rather than laying it flat. Can someone explain how to use this new CD tray ? Disks seem hard to stay in place. What am I doing wrong??

there should be a little tab that maybe holds the disk in place? and then you can close the tray.

Curt Harms
08-06-2016, 8:14 AM
there should be a little tab that maybe holds the disk in place? and then you can close the tray.

Yup, just press down on the hub of the disc next to the hole. The disc should snap into place. Laptop drives are like that.

Garth Almgren
08-08-2016, 3:16 PM

If it's a desktop tray-style DVD/CD drive, then there should be four little tabs (you only need to use the two on the bottom, whichever way is down) that will hold the disc until the tray closes, similar to this:

If it's a laptop-style drive, it should pop or snap onto a center spindle with just a little pressure.