PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone actually had the Windows 10 Anniversity Update become available yet?

Larry Browning
08-05-2016, 1:50 PM
Just wondering. I know it has not been offered on my PCs yet.

Mike Henderson
08-05-2016, 1:56 PM
Not here. I understand you can go to the Microsoft site and get it if you're anxious to get it. I plan to wait until it gets some "outside time" (outside of Microsoft) before I install it. What I have is working fine.

Mike

Jim Becker
08-05-2016, 2:11 PM
I updated the Win10 VM on my iMac yesterday evening. It doesn't come up as available for the Win10 VM on my MBPr that I use for work.

Gerry Grzadzinski
08-05-2016, 2:27 PM
I got it two days ago on my Laptop, but not on my Desktop yet.

But if you go to Settings > Updates, there's a link that opens a webpage where you can get it. I'm on Windows 7 here right now, but it's something like "more info" right below the check for updates button.

John Sidwell
08-05-2016, 4:25 PM
When I went into the Settings->Update panel and clicked "Check for Updates" it downloaded the Anniversary update and installed it when I restarted. Two minor things that bugged me were: my wallpaper settings were reset and my custom keyboard mappings in the registry were reset. Other than that, it seems to be working well enough. Running Win10 Pro on my desktop, but I didn't check to see if my Win10 Home laptop picked up the update yet.

Brian Elfert
08-06-2016, 12:13 PM
I had never even heard of the Anniversary Update until I saw this thread. I did a little research and I'm not sure I want this update based on what I read. It seems like QA on this update may not have been the best and it causes various annoyances for some users.