PDA

View Full Version : Woodturners in Missoula, MT?

Russell Neyman
08-04-2016, 7:42 AM
I'll be in Missoula for a few weeks and wanted to attend the local AAW chaoter' sneering, but their website link seems to be inoperative. Anyone have a contact I can use to hook up with the club?

Michael Cole
08-04-2016, 11:38 AM
I would be interested in any responses you get. I live about 85 miles north of Missoula and would like to connect with some turners that could teach me a few things.

Ralph Lindberg
08-04-2016, 4:18 PM
I didn't think there is one in Missoula

The one in Bozeman is on their annual summer break
The one in Great Falls has their picnic this weekend

Then there is one in Kalispell & the one in Billings, but I don't keep in touch with them, but I never lived in either town and don't know any turners there (unlike Great Falls & Bozeman)

Kalispell is around 120 miles from Missoula

Russell Neyman
08-04-2016, 6:41 PM
Thanks Ralph. Surprised you have so many connections in Montana. Looks like there just aren't many turners here. I'll check for woodWORKING clubs.

Michael Cole
08-04-2016, 11:07 PM
I didn't think there is one in Missoula

The one in Bozeman is on their annual summer break
The one in Great Falls has their picnic this weekend

Then there is one in Kalispell & the one in Billings, but I don't keep in touch with them, but I never lived in either town and don't know any turners there (unlike Great Falls & Bozeman)

Kalispell is around 120 miles from Missoula

I have tried contacting the one in Kalispell twice with no response either time.

Ralph Lindberg
08-05-2016, 9:08 PM
Michael, have you tried just showing up for a club meeting? It's not that far, looks like you live near (in?) Columbia Falls anyway "..3rd Saturday of each month at Hanson Trucking in Columbia Falls, Montana. The meetings are open to the public and are held from 9:00 am until 3 pm"

Michael Cole
08-05-2016, 10:05 PM
Michael, have you tried just showing up for a club meeting? It's not that far, looks like you live near (in?) Columbia Falls anyway "..3rd Saturday of each month at Hanson Trucking in Columbia Falls, Montana. The meetings are open to the public and are held from 9:00 am until 3 pm"

No I haven't. Actually I live about 60 miles south of Columbia Falls, so I will at some point go if I am sure they are meeting. Just haven't done so yet.