PDA

View Full Version : Just Found you

Michael Burton
09-26-2005, 10:00 AM
Hi,
I just discovered SMC. After browsing through the threads, this looks like a great resource. Just thought I would pop in and say HI.:D

Keith Starosta
09-26-2005, 10:05 AM
Hey Michael!! Welcome aboard! Great place to learn and hang out.

I do have a question, though.....your profile says that you're from Llano, TX. Is that anywhere near Plano? :D :) ;)

Keith

Michael Burton
09-26-2005, 10:20 AM
Hi,
No, Llano isn't near Plano. We are about 75 mile West of Austin and Northwest of San Antonio in the Hill Country. We originally are from Monahans, out west of Odessa, but 36 years of wind and dirt was finally enough and we moved to Llano. The only thing I regret about the move is that it took so long to get here. The people are fantastic and welcomed us with open arms. That is saying something for a small town. Usually they can get pretty clannish.

David Wilson
09-26-2005, 10:33 AM
Michael
Welcome aboard. Visit often and post pictures.

Karl Laustrup
09-26-2005, 11:03 AM
Michael,

Welcome to the "Creek". Lot's of really nice people here.

As David says we do like pictures. And if you haven't seen it in any threads yet, "If it doesn't include pictures, it didn't happen". ;) :)

Karl

Ken Fitzgerald
09-26-2005, 11:10 AM
Michael ...........Welcome to the Creek! From beginners to pro they're all here willing to exchange information and opinions.

Jim O'Dell
09-26-2005, 12:31 PM
Welcome! I think you'll find the folks here ust as friendly as Llano! Jim.

Von Bickley
09-26-2005, 12:42 PM
Michael,

Welcome... Glad to have you in the Creek. :)

Jerry Clark
09-26-2005, 12:52 PM
Michael--

Welcome from the left coast! Always glad to have new sawdust here!:)

Jeff Sudmeier
09-26-2005, 12:56 PM
Michael, welcome to the creek! YOu have joined a wonderful forum. I hope that you enjoy your stay with us!

Carl Eyman
09-26-2005, 1:29 PM
Texas Hill Country is pretty. I used to spend Easter weekend at Kerrville bicycling the many hills. Are the antique stores in Fredricksburg any kind of a source for inspiration? I don't remember much furniture in them. Welcome!

Tom Hamilton
09-26-2005, 2:58 PM
Fellow Texan:

Glad you found the Creek, wade in and enjoy the pleasant, knowledgable group.

Best regards from "She missed us" Houston.

Tom Hamilton

Dennis Peacock
09-26-2005, 3:14 PM
Welcome to SMC...!!!!!!!!!!

Wade on it, enjoy the water. Wet a hook, learn all you can, share what you know, and just relax and have a good time. Most of all....? WELCOME to SMC.!!!

Michael Burton
09-26-2005, 4:53 PM
Hi Carl,
I have sold some furniture in one of the shops in Fredericksburg, but don't have any there at the moment. I have seen some really nice things there. I will have quite a few pieces of urniture in Fredericksburg Oct 7-9. I will be there for the Texas Mesquite Festival that weekend.
I attached a few photos of some pieces I have done. I don't have any handy of my Rocking chairs at work here. I will post a couple later when I get back home.

Texas Hill Country is pretty. I used to spend Easter weekend at Kerrville bicycling the many hills. Are the antique stores in Fredricksburg any kind of a source for inspiration? I don't remember much furniture in them. Welcome!

Vaughn McMillan
09-27-2005, 5:28 AM
Welcome to the Creek, Michael. Very nice benches, too. What's the inlay in the knot on the first bench?

- Vaughn

Michael Burton
09-27-2005, 7:52 AM
Hi Vaughn,
The inlay in the knot is a pyrite "Sun Dollar". They are found in coal mines and look pretty neat. Thanks for the complement on the benches. The dovetails cut on a curve are pretty fun to do.

Frank Pellow
09-27-2005, 8:09 AM
Michael, welcome to Saw Mill Creek. The benches look great!

Joe Blankshain
09-27-2005, 5:05 PM
Michael,
Welcome to the Creek. The folfs around here will have knowledge and opinions not found on any other single source that I am aware of. And they are nice about it (most of the time). Again, welcome.