PDA

View Full Version : NFL week 3

Donnie Raines
09-26-2005, 9:23 AM
Well...another week of football. My Bengals spanked the Bears(...or is that the Cubs.... :cool: ). Some really good games out there....Pats over the Steelers.....way cool! :cool:

How did your team fair?

Keith Starosta
09-26-2005, 10:03 AM
Well, luckily I had the week off from the NFL, as the Lions had a bye. I needed it, too, because I'm still stinging a bit over Michigan losing to the Badgers. Can you say O-U-C-H?!

Pittsburg blew that game in a HUGE way. They committed the number one rule of trying to hold onto a win late.....they scored with too much time left on the clock. The Pats are too good a team, with too many weapons, to give that much time to in order for Vinetarie(sp?) to win the game. Shame...

Keith

Karl Laustrup
09-26-2005, 11:11 AM
Well, at least the Badgers won. :D

The "Pack" is going for the number one draft pick I think. :confused: Matt Lienert. :)

And the "Anaheim or California Angles" are looking good for another title.

Karl

Doug Jones
09-26-2005, 11:22 AM
In a big change from last couple of years. Looks as if the Colts defense is going to win the games this year.

Jeff Sudmeier
09-26-2005, 11:33 AM
:) Yeah, I was just glad I had to golf!! Then it rained and I had to watch golf so that I didn't get depressed :(

Tim Morton
09-27-2005, 7:00 AM
Glad to hear the pats won...But here in New England we are a little preoccupied with the sox..didn't even know football season started yet....:eek::eek::eek:

go sox!!

Scott Berg
09-27-2005, 2:54 PM
Well, I was born and raised in Wisconsin and will always be a Packers fan. Unfortunately, the way they are playing so far this year does not help me during my friendly arguments with the Broncos fans I work with! Maybe they are starting off slow and will finish with a bang!

Rob Bourgeois
09-27-2005, 3:56 PM
The Saints are playing like a bunch of drunk 2 year olds...and thats an insult to drunk 2 year olds.:rolleyes: I think it might be a coin flip betwen the Saints and pack for the first pick Karl.

I will start taking favorite team applications as soon as these guys bolt for greener pastures.

Richard Gillespie
09-27-2005, 7:49 PM
Sorry Guys;

Who cares? Over paid, spoiled athletes, who have no idea what their actions represent to our youth. I have no use for paid sports of any kind. I suggest that we adults realize that sports, beyound college level, are a waste of time, money and effort.

Paid sports is a poor role model to the youth of our country. Education is the goal our youth should aspire to but sports is the goal many chase. What percentage succeed in making a living at professional sports? All too often, professional sports figures are a complete waste as role models for our youth. Violence and greed are not what we need to teach our youth.

As a wasp, I realize that I'm not what most feel. I question what our future is.

Lee DeRaud
09-27-2005, 8:55 PM
Sorry Guys;

Who cares? Over paid, spoiled athletes, who have no idea what their actions represent to our youth. I have no use for paid sports of any kind. I suggest that we adults realize that sports, beyound college level, are a waste of time, money and effort.I see the point you're trying to make, but you may want to reconsider your cut-off point. Near as I can tell, anything past high-school junior varsity qualifies as "paid sports" these days.
Paid sports is a poor role model to the youth of our country. Education is the goal our youth should aspire to but sports is the goal many chase. What percentage succeed in making a living at professional sports? All too often, professional sports figures are a complete waste as role models for our youth. Violence and greed are not what we need to teach our youth.It takes a pretty pathetic excuse for parents to depend on pro athletes to be role models for their children, doncha think? But hey, I guess it's easier to blame the athletes than the parents whose actual job it is to raise the kids...