PDA

View Full Version : need help with granite.

Riton Z. Zeka
09-26-2005, 7:37 AM
Hi im new in this Forum, im from Kosova
Just received a photo from a client to engrave on a granite piece. But the problem is that I don't no how to prepare the photo for granite, somtimes i use CorolPhoto Piant 12 but im not satisfy, Not sure if it is an error in converting or what. Pinnacle M-series 25 watt here, Can somebady prepare the photo for me in Photograv because I don't have the Photograv, i will atach my original photo and is somebady from you can prepare for me.
The photo has to be 20 cm width and if you can remove the backgraund because its for memorial stone

Riton Z. Zeka
09-26-2005, 8:26 AM
Hi again, I just forgot to tell you that my e-mail address is ritonzeka@yahoo.com because the file will be to larg when its done.
Thanks.
[IMG]

Joe Pelonio
09-26-2005, 5:47 PM
Sorry but I don't have time to do the artwork for you, but will give you a few tips in case no one volunteers. I use Corel 12 some and do marble and granite on my laser all the time. You need to convert the photo to black and white, adjust the contrast and brightness so that there's good detail between features
of the face. Then you can outline the face you want and cut out to remove the background. Go to Corel Paint Help, Keyword "removing" to see how.
If using a black tile, you need to use the invert effect filter to "invert" the image so that what's white on the photo is black in Corel paint, like a photo negative,
since the laser burns it to white. In the case of a photo of a person with dark hair, the top of the head would blend into the tile so you might need to add
an outline of the top of the hair to define the top of the head.