PDA

View Full Version : Thanks to all for their thoughts and prayers

Mike Tempel
09-26-2005, 7:04 AM
I am back. We made it through unscathed - thank God. Not even a shingle missing on my house. There are many others in our area who were not so lucky and my heart goes out to them. It could have been much worse - the storm took the last minute turn that we were praying so hard for. We took a drive to my parents place by Lake Livingston - what is normally a 2 hour drive took better than 14 hours - even with back roads. The traffic was absolutely unbelievable. I would have been better off here - reports from my house were that we had some 50-60mph winds whereas at my parents place we had 120mph sustained winds. There were reports of 17ft waves on the lake and some dam damage so they are lowering the lake level which will only cause unneeded flood damage downstream where they got hit by the hurricane. I hope that Waymon and Ernie made it through OK - can't wait to hear from them. We have had some incredible luck lately with the storms and I hope that they have the same. Thanks to all for their thoughts and prayers. Your concern was deeply appreciated. Nice to be back in the Creek and hopefully back in the shop someday soon.

Jeff Sudmeier
09-26-2005, 8:23 AM
Mike,

I am glad to hear that you came through all right.

Here's too hopeing that all of our members are safe!

Dennis Peacock
09-26-2005, 8:43 AM
Welcome Home Mike....may there be many more like you who find home to be their comfort and safe haven.

Waymon Campbell
09-28-2005, 8:06 PM
I hope that Waymon and Ernie made it through OK - can't wait to hear from them.

Mike - LOML and I did make it back safely. See http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?p=224587#post224587. I appreciate the good wishes and am happy to see you folks made it okay.

Ken Fitzgerald
09-28-2005, 9:26 PM
Mike....glad things went as well as they did. You and Waymon were truly blessed!