PDA

View Full Version : 2016 NFL Picks

Rich Riddle
07-25-2016, 7:00 PM
Preseason opens in less than two weeks, believe it or not. Pick your teams. Green Bay. Hopefully there won't be misguided Patriot or Bronco fans here.

Jeff Monson
07-26-2016, 10:50 AM
Vikings are going all the way this year. ;)

Rich Riddle
07-26-2016, 3:17 PM
Jeff, I am a conflicted soul since I like both Green Bay and the Vikings.....most like one or the other. As long as Denver loses I am happy.

Chris Padilla
07-26-2016, 3:21 PM
Hey now...I do bleed orange but Denver made it on the legs of a hobbling QB and a back-up who chased $$$s in Houston and on the stout back of a stiffling defense.

Can they repeat? Sure. But it is always tough to do it no matter what. As long as they make the playoffs, they have a shot just like anyone else.

Go Broncos!!! :)

Curt Harms
07-27-2016, 7:52 AM
Hey now...I do bleed orange but Denver made it on the legs of a hobbling QB and a back-up who chased $$$s in Houston and on the stout back of a stiffling defense.

Can they repeat? Sure. But it is always tough to do it no matter what. As long as they make the playoffs, they have a shot just like anyone else.

Go Broncos!!! :)

Donkeys got Butt-Fumble under center. That does not bode well.

Jebediah Eckert
07-27-2016, 9:07 AM
I certainly don't mind the Packers, and get a kick out of Aaron Rodgers, but........Rodgers showed up to practice this year lean and mean and looked good. They interviewed him and asked him about cutting the weight. He responded he cut out all dairy and cheese from his diet. Really???? Your fans are "cheese heads", wear giant wedges of cheese as hats, the stadium area is surrounded by dairy cows, and you play your home games in WISCONSIN. Couldn't you just have said more cardio, better diet (purposely vague), just got over a stomach bug, anything.

So if the Packers have a bad season, or they win the Super Bowl, it's all Rodgers fault.

Greg Peterson
07-29-2016, 9:52 PM
Go Pack Go.
I think Bronco fans are due for a few cold winters. Elway traded the future for the present.
Vikings are for real, Bears are ascending, Lions are, well, the Lions I guess.
Pats will be in mix as usual.
Can the Falcons win when it matters and will the Panthers get even better?
Injuries are the one opponent no coach can game plan for.

Yonak Hawkins
07-29-2016, 10:56 PM
Hey, that Georgia logo is the wrong color.

Greg Peterson
07-29-2016, 11:33 PM
Vince Lombardi sold the logo to Georgia. Georgia screwed it up by changing the colors!

Yonak Hawkins
07-30-2016, 11:14 AM
touché ! ​(more characters added to meet requirements)

Sean Troy
08-01-2016, 1:22 PM
It's either going to be the Cards or Steelers going all the way this year.

Bill McNiel
08-01-2016, 9:10 PM
SEAHAWKS! Their roster is unbelievably deep, even better than 2013. Great draft and all the veteran studs are back. Only question is the offensive line. Only way they can be stopped is injuries but then the depth kicks in.

Greg Peterson
08-01-2016, 9:34 PM
As long the Seahawks have Wilson, they are a threat.
Graham was an expensive free agent and players returning to anything approaching their former level of performance is extremely rare. His injury may leave a mark on their roster.
Wilson is a top tier QB, just a notch below Brady, Rodgers.

Rich Riddle
09-08-2016, 9:37 PM
Tonight the Broncos fall to the Panthers.....at least we can hope....whip the Donkeys.

Curt Harms
09-09-2016, 7:45 AM
What is Vikings fans take on the Bradford trade? Following the Eagles, my thought is win/win. Bradford had no future in Philly and the team is clearly in rebuilding mode. It sounds like the Vikes were pretty stacked everywhere 'til Bridgewater went down.

Bruce Page
09-09-2016, 1:21 PM
Tonight the Broncos fall to the Panthers.....at least we can hope....whip the Donkeys.
Broncos, 1 & 0
Trevor Siemian might be the real deal.

Rich Riddle
09-09-2016, 2:24 PM
Bruce,

Ahem, the story is the Panther's field goal kicker.....or the Broncos would be 0-1......

Bruce Page
09-09-2016, 2:32 PM
Bruce,

Ahem, the story is the Panther's field goal kicker.....or the Broncos would be 0-1......
Ummm, when it's all said & done, Broncos, 1 & 0 :)

Chris Padilla
09-09-2016, 4:39 PM
I was FULLY PREPARED for the Broncos to lose that game (Daggone "hands to the face" on Chris Harris Jr.!!!!!) but I was extremely impressed with Trevor's play. The D had issues in the first half but adjusted and came back in the second half and put the screws to Cam and Company only allowing a FG (and somehow escaped the second FG).

I think it might be a decent year for the defending Super Bowl Champs!!!!!! The offense might not be so bad after all!!! Whoop! Whoop!

Kevin Womer
09-12-2016, 9:08 PM
Hey, that Georgia logo is the wrong color.

Yonak,
That was funny.

Ken Fitzgerald
09-12-2016, 9:55 PM
Bruce,

Woulda, coulda, shoulda..... the fact remains..... The Broncos are 1 & 0 ... The Panthers are 0 & 1

Rich Riddle
09-12-2016, 10:14 PM
I thought that the Monday night game started early only to find out that there is a double header tonight. I never remember two games played on Monday Night Football. My mother-in-law says they have "every night football" for men to watch.

Ken Fitzgerald
09-12-2016, 11:09 PM
Remind your MIL that Hallmark channel has chick flicks 365, 24.

Pat Barry
09-13-2016, 12:31 PM
I'm pretty sure that Green Bay's run is over. It was nice while it lasted but enough is enough. Vikings are going to rule the NFC Norris division this year for certain.

Rich Riddle
09-13-2016, 1:31 PM
I'm pretty sure that Green Bay's run is over. It was nice while it lasted but enough is enough. Vikings are going to rule the NFC Norris division this year for certain.Supposedly Green Bay received the easiest schedule this season. Perhaps they may do better than people think.

Greg Peterson
09-13-2016, 9:28 PM
The Packers and Patriots have managed to be perennial post season threats for many seasons despite picking from the bottom of each round.
Let's see the Vikings stay in the hunt after living off late round talent. That's a feat few teams have managed as well as the Packers or Patriots.

Mark Walden
09-16-2016, 1:54 AM
You are all nuts. Seahawks in the Superbowl

Greg Peterson
09-16-2016, 3:30 PM

Probably do better there than at home against the Dolphins. :)

Barry McFadden
09-18-2016, 8:48 PM

You may want to rethink that!!...they could only beat the Dolphins by 2 at home and lost to the Rams in LA only managing a field goal!!!!! doesn't really look like Superbowl material to me!!

Chris Padilla
09-18-2016, 9:02 PM
2-0, Baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bruce Page
09-18-2016, 9:26 PM
Broncos, 1 & 0
Trevor Siemian might be the real deal.

2 & 0 - Bares repeating. :)

Rich Riddle
09-18-2016, 11:00 PM
Donkeys are lucky.....the Packers/Vikings game looks close.

Rich Riddle
09-18-2016, 11:06 PM
Some of the games today looked a little contentious; sort of what I would envision the Neanders vs. Power Tool Creekers doing......if we ever held a competition.

Paul McGaha
09-19-2016, 12:06 PM
I think it's going to be a long year for me and any other Saints fans on the creek.

I think the Patriots are going to be a force to deal with this year.

Chris Padilla
09-25-2016, 4:10 PM
3-0...expect some props from the [OP].... :) Trevor just had a career day with 4 TDs and 0 INTs.

Jim Finn
09-25-2016, 5:33 PM
Boycott the NFL

Bruce Page
09-25-2016, 7:11 PM
3-0...expect some props from the [OP].... :) Trevor just had a career day with 4 TDs and 0 INTs.
I wonder where we'd be if Sanchez had won the starter position?

Chris Padilla
09-25-2016, 9:56 PM
Same, Bruce! :D :D

Rich Riddle
09-25-2016, 10:40 PM
I am in Virginia this weekend and not Kentucky (I can see the Bengal's stadium from the backyard). Beating the Bengals is similar to beating the Denver High School team........the Donkeys will fall.....yes, they will.

Bruce Page
09-25-2016, 11:19 PM
Same, Bruce! :D :D
I'm not so sure. 2 & 1 - maybe.

Curt Harms
09-27-2016, 8:44 AM
It looks like there might be 3 rookie QBs this year playing much better than expected. Siemian, DAK and Philly's QB, the Prince of Carson City (Philly) Wentzylvania :D

Van Huskey
09-27-2016, 10:22 AM
I think it's going to be a long year for me and any other Saints fans on the creek.

It was a long weekend for most of the Louisiana football fans, though a lot of LSU fans were actually happy about their loss since it was the death knell for Les Miles. From my POV I would say be careful what you wish for. As for the Aints game despite being 3 point dogs Atlanta just plain moved the ball, the defence was so porous it made the Falcons look like a offensive juggernaut even though the Saints had more yards.

Bill McNiel
09-27-2016, 1:30 PM
You may want to rethink that!!...they could only beat the Dolphins by 2 at home and lost to the Rams in LA only managing a field goal!!!!! doesn't really look like Superbowl material to me!!
Hawks always start slow due to inexperienced O-Line. Cap space is used on defense and on offensive skill positions leaving Coach Cable with rookies and ex defensive linemen. After a few games, hopefully, the O-Line starts to jell and Hawks start scoring. The current O-Line total salary is approx $6 mil. Injuries have played a significant role this year as well. Hawks will prevail in the end.

Rich Riddle
10-09-2016, 10:45 AM
I am partially depressed on the success of the Broncos. We shall see if they defeat the Falcons today.

Bruce Page
10-09-2016, 1:12 PM
I am partially depressed on the success of the Broncos. We shall see if they defeat the Falcons today.
It will be interesting to see how Lynch performs against them.
Broncos 4-0 has me pretty happy. :)

Rich Riddle
10-09-2016, 8:24 PM
​Go Falcons.....

Chris Padilla
10-09-2016, 8:56 PM
You got your wish, Rich. Lynch isn't quite ready to lead the team it appears and the Falcons played quite well.

Denver and the dreaded Raiders tied for first in the AFC West. Whod-a thunk that after week 5 and 4-1 to boot??!

Short week for Denver as they play San Diego Thursday night. Trevor is expected back.

Rich Riddle
10-09-2016, 9:41 PM
Chris,

Actually I got my wish with a really good no. 9 vs. no 8 college game that went into double overtime. I just like good games.

Chris Padilla
10-18-2016, 3:44 PM
Ugh, Broncos not looking too hot these last two games. Hmmmmm.............

Rich Riddle
10-18-2016, 4:01 PM
Ugh, Broncos not looking too hot these last two games. Hmmmmm.............Chris, I cannot wait for that avatar of yours to fade into history......

Bruce Page
10-18-2016, 4:22 PM
Ugh, Broncos not looking too hot these last two games. Hmmmmm.............
The Raiders are leading the AFC West, who'd of thunk it..

Chris Padilla
12-19-2016, 7:03 PM
I see this thread died off!! LOL!

Well, Rich, you have gotten your wish. I have officially thrown in the towel on Denver's season!

Please enjoy the picture of my Australian Shepherd, Zeus!! :)

Jebediah Eckert
12-19-2016, 7:41 PM
At least they didn't spend the 72 million on th QB and let him walk to Houston, then the bench..........

Rich Riddle
12-19-2016, 7:45 PM
I see this thread died off!! LOL!

Well, Rich, you have gotten your wish. I have officially thrown in the towel on Denver's season!

Please enjoy the picture of my Australian Shepherd, Zeus!! :)Chris, I love dogs. That's a very cute one.

Chris Padilla
12-19-2016, 8:14 PM
At least they didn't spend the 72 million on th QB and let him walk to Houston, then the bench..........

Keep in mind only half of Brock's money is guaranteed. Everyone seems to forget that.

Bruce Page
12-19-2016, 8:24 PM
Wait! There's still a 17% chance the Broncos will make the playoffs!.. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Zeus looks like a sweetie!

Barry McFadden
12-21-2016, 1:21 PM
Keep in mind only half of Brock's money is guaranteed. Everyone seems to forget that.

Still....guaranteeing 36 million to someone that isn't doing his job is CRAZY.....wish I could get a deal like that!!

Chris Padilla
12-21-2016, 4:56 PM
Thanks, Bruce, but math and reality can be far off!

Zeus is a great dog!

True, Barry, I wish I could stink and get paid that kinda money but that is how pro sports works.

Ken Fitzgerald
12-21-2016, 5:05 PM

The guaranteed $57 million I saw reported is more than half.

Now the poor guy is benched.:( Doesn't it make your heart bleed!:confused::eek:;)

Bruce Page
12-21-2016, 5:31 PM
Thanks, Bruce, but math and reality can be far off!
I read it on the internet so it has to be true!