PDA

View Full Version : No pix this weekend... but unloaded more iron...

Dev Emch
09-26-2005, 12:44 AM
I was going to take some pictures this weekend... but, like usual, my very short attention span got rerouted. My neighbor decided that do to his age and his back that it was time to give some stuff away. So I got his cement mixer and vintage garden tiller. The mixer needs a new 1/3 hp electric motor and the tiller needs a new gas engine.

But the tiller is vintage troy bilt from about 1960. The whole body is cast iron with real bearings and no stampings. Only the blade guard is sheet metal and then its thicker than most car skins today. Two inflatable tractor like tires on it. I have seen these restored in antique power shows but never in person and never in the wild. Now if I can find a vintage, water cooled, single cylinder or two cylinder, indirect fuel injection Petter diesel engine for this thing. Nothing like tilling up the vegie garden with willie juice in the tiller!:D

So how could I resist. I will get photos of my hang out ASAP!:rolleyes:

Regards...

Jeff Sudmeier
09-26-2005, 8:52 AM
Sounds like a good haul there Dev, be sure to get pics ASAP! :)

Karl Laustrup
09-26-2005, 11:16 AM
Hey Dev, I've got 3 electric motors that were my dad's. I took a quick peek at them and I think at least one of them was a 1/3 HP.

I could take a closer look if your interested. Of course at lot depends on where you are located in relation to Wisconsin.

Karl