PDA

View Full Version : What's wrong with the Woodnet site?

Louis Brandt
07-19-2016, 5:23 PM
Hello,

I'm a member of this site and also the Woodnet forum. Starting today, I can't get into the Woodnet site. It tells me that the "certificate" for that site is invalid, and it takes me to a food site.

Anybody else have this problem?

Thanks,
Louis

Bruce Page
07-19-2016, 6:04 PM
It looks like they did a software update, they're up & running now.

Jerome Stanek
07-19-2016, 6:10 PM
you will have to log in if you had saved your log in

Matt Day
07-19-2016, 7:13 PM
There seem to be a number of issues with the update. I can't login and have contacted the admin, but I think they're probably flooded with issues right now.

Bob Coates
07-19-2016, 7:25 PM
Matt,
Don't know how you were logging on to site, but with the new updated site, you need to use your email address instead of a user name.
Bob

Matt Day
07-19-2016, 9:59 PM
Thanks Bob, I must have missed that. I went to try it and it seems I've been logged in likely by an admin. Looking forward to using the new interface. Now if only the search function was even close to SMC. I'll give it some time and see what I think.

Bruce Wrenn
07-20-2016, 8:33 AM
Remember they have new owners now. Things change. No longer do I see Woodsmith on display at local home improvement stores.

Jeff Bower
07-20-2016, 9:23 AM
Remember they have new owners now. Things change. No longer do I see Woodsmith on display at local home improvement stores.

Where did you hear there are new owners of Woodsmith/August Home Publishing?

Louis Brandt
07-20-2016, 2:45 PM
Matt,
Don't know how you were logging on to site, but with the new updated site, you need to use your email address instead of a user name.
Bob

Yes, that's right. Problem is, since I originally registered with Woodnet years ago, my email address has changed, and I don't remember my old email address, so now I can't log on to the site at all.

Matt Day
07-20-2016, 8:02 PM
Try contacting the admin. There's a contact us link on the homepage.

Matt Meiser
07-20-2016, 9:15 PM
Any idea what part of it might have been? They emailed hundreds of people yesterday without using BCC...

Matt Day
07-20-2016, 9:28 PM
I couldn't believe that email went out. Quite a screw up in security.

Don Slaughter
07-21-2016, 1:22 AM
I've been a member of the net for 13 years and can't sign on nor can I get any response from forum admin....been trying with Safari and Firefox. Can't even re-register.
Really a bummer!

Keith Outten
07-21-2016, 10:18 AM
Woodnet has posted this to help anyone who cannot login:

The software update on July 18 is now complete. If you notice any errors, please report them here. If you cannot log in, try resetting your password via email. If you have forgotten your email, there is also a "Forgot Email" link in the login box that you can click. If you need to contact us without using this forum, you can use the form Contact Us (http://www.woodnet.net/contact-us/woodnet/) but this link doesn't work.

At the bottom of the page is this Contact link (https://forums.woodnet.net/contact.php) that worked this morning.

Roger Fournier
07-21-2016, 12:28 PM
I was able to successfully log into the site after the software update, but today, like the OP, it tries to send me to forums.cuisineathome.com

Bruce Wrenn
07-21-2016, 1:56 PM
Where did you hear there are new owners of Woodsmith/August Home Publishing?

Inside front cover of Woodsmith. Happened about a year ago.

Rich Enders
07-23-2016, 8:23 PM
I quit visiting the Woodnet site some years back. Altering seeing this post I went back to check and was suddenly reminded of why I left. Some "intellectual ranting politics".

Not for me.

Matt Day
07-23-2016, 9:10 PM
You don't have to view those threads if you don't want to. I stick to swap n sell, power tools and woodworking.

Curt Harms
07-24-2016, 9:22 AM
I quit visiting the Woodnet site some years back. Altering seeing this post I went back to check and was suddenly reminded of why I left. Some "intellectual ranting politics".

Not for me.

Yup. I visit Woodnet occasionally. It seems to me they don't have near the activity they had a few years ago.

mike holden
07-24-2016, 9:41 AM
I don't have any problem getting to their site. I use the following URL: https://forums.woodnet.net/?Cat=
Usually head there straight after here, then SAPFM
Mike

Louis Brandt
07-24-2016, 9:57 AM
I don't have any problem getting to their site. I use the following URL: https://forums.woodnet.net/?Cat=
Usually head there straight after here, then SAPFM
Mike

Yes, I can get to the site, but I can't log on, since it wants my email ID instead of my member ID, and I've changed my email address from what it was when I first registered there and don't remember it. It has an option to have a moderator contact me, but that didn't work either.

Ed Labadie
07-25-2016, 11:05 AM

Not for me.

There is an option in the user cp to hide political posts......although it isn't working yet on with the new software. I would think it'll be corrected shortly.

Just to add problem has been fixed.

Ed

Jerome Stanek
08-02-2016, 9:48 AM
what is happening now with it.

Art Mann
08-02-2016, 11:00 AM
Maybe 5 years ago, that website suddenly refused to acknowledge my membership. I didn't try to discover why because I was losing interest in it anyway. The culture there is entirely different from Sawmill Creek.

Matt Day
08-02-2016, 1:06 PM
It's back up.

This whole upgrade has been anything but!

Keith Outten
08-03-2016, 8:09 AM
The object of this thread was to allow everyone to share information concerning the status of the Woodnet web site based on their recent software upgrade. As this goal has been accomplished this thread has served its purpose.