PDA

View Full Version : Illustrator to Trotec issues

Scott Boatner
07-19-2016, 11:49 AM
Got my Trotec Speedy 400/80 last week, having a blast experimenting so far with an issue. When using Adobe Stock graphics vector files, the engravers software blacks out a square where the graphics should be, but only on wood. The same files engrave great on aluminum and acrylic. We even got a great job on a photo from FB on a piece of plywood, no problems.

Mark Sipes
07-19-2016, 12:08 PM
How does the Laser/Software Know the image is being engraved on wood??????

Gary Hair
07-19-2016, 12:27 PM
I'm guessing you are using the material templates and that's why one material works and another doesn't. Check the settings for the wood vs aluminum and acrylic and see what is different. Also ensure you are selecting the same settings in the print dialogue.

Keith Winter
07-19-2016, 9:47 PM
How does the Laser/Software Know the image is being engraved on wood??????

Mark is right it's either a file issue or your settings have engraving / cutting off for that color. Are you sure you are using the proper rgb color for black?

Raphael Weil
07-25-2016, 8:56 PM
I've had so many problems trying to use the adobe products to engrave. I've had:

-weird issues with taking vector files from AI over to Inkscape (sizing issues)
-lots of interoperability issues trying to get hairlines to cut (I would design in illustrator, save as pdf, and try to print)

Ultimately I got Corel Draw X7. Hoping I can now still design on my mac in adobe, and save to a format that I can open cleanly in X7 on my windows machine for engraving