PDA

View Full Version : Ruida 6442 controller firmware upgrade

Andy Pennington
07-18-2016, 10:56 AM
Hi

I have Ruida 6442 controller that is developing many glitches including the controller crashing and becoming none responsive. This has got worst over the last couple of months. I cannot get a straight answer from the laser manufacturer on if you can upgrade the firmware to hopefully resolve the issues, has anyone updated the firmware on these controllers?

Thanks
Andy

Jeff Body
07-19-2016, 1:02 PM
I've done it several times.
When I get home this evening I could send you the latest firmware I have.

It's pretty easy. Load the firmware, once it's successful you turn the machine off and on.

axs karaci
11-24-2016, 1:47 PM
hello
could you pls send me the firmware too....i do not find it anywhere
thank you

Ben Spears
04-25-2018, 6:51 AM
Hi my name's Ben i run the laser room at the Joshua Tree Project in Ilfracombe North Devon.

Our lasers have the RDC6442G main board. The main board version is RDLC-V8.00.47. I have contacted them about getting firmware from them with no luck.

Thanks for any help

John Lifer
04-25-2018, 8:46 AM
If you go join the Facebook group for RDworks, https://www.facebook.com/groups/900528680076062/
they have the latest firmware on their site. I think .50 for both the G and S controllers. Ruida won't respond to much of anything...
Their company website has some items, but I trust the FB site more.

Wojciech Szul
04-26-2018, 8:11 PM
Be VERY sure what version of controller you have. There are RDC6442G and RDC6442S versions of controller.
As fair I know versions with .01. in the middle are for S version and with .00. for G model. So DO NOT mix 8.01.47.upd with 8.00.47.upd - it is NOT new version - they are for different driver models! If you do update you always have risk of damage/problems, so keep in mind - if something will go wrong - it will be your fault and your money. Especially if you had previously some problems. Probably this is reason Ruida don't recommend updates. Anyway, I have done it on my own machine and it is working.

Ben Spears
04-27-2018, 6:22 AM
Is there a way to find out what our current firmware version is from the machine or Though software?

Thanks for all your help

Doug Fisher
04-27-2018, 12:25 PM
Turn you laser off. Turn it back on and watch the LCD screen on the laser. It will show the firmware version during startup.

FYI - Upgrading to the .50 version will allow you to use the free Ruida control app via your iOS or Android smartphone and tablet. I don't think the app works with versions older than .48.

John Lifer
04-27-2018, 5:31 PM
Doug is absolutely correct, I have an S model and it came with .48 and app wouldn't work. Someone finally uploaded the .50 for the S model a month or two ago and it works perfectly now.

Wojciech Szul
05-01-2018, 10:45 AM
By the way - check what type of controller you have is not too hard - it is labeled on side of enclosure, in my case near connector CN6.
If you want to use android application you have to activate it in RD Works setup. Details are in https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLK8ADfwI5I

Joseph Shawa
05-02-2018, 12:34 PM
Don't forget to check your grounding wire. Goofy stuff starts happening when static builds up.