PDA

View Full Version : Stainless Steel flat bottle openers who makes a better quality one.

Bernie Fraser
07-18-2016, 4:38 AM
So I need some help finding a supplier. When I first bought my laser I started engraving bottle openers as presentos and I was using the Trenton brand opener. They were 0.120 thou thick and had a good brushed steel finish to them. At the time they had a mixture of thick and thin ones. Move forward two years and when I still buy Trenton bottle openers they are 0.080 thou thick and a lot of them have deep scratches on the top surface and I cannot use them. The openers are stamped differently on the back. The good ones had Trenton and now they have Stainless Steel India. Do you guys know a good brand of flat SS bottle openers. They look great engraved with Cermark and I want to know that if I order 120 I can use 120 for engraving. Not Trentons fault they are not making them as Presentos but just something for the bar. I am located in Australia but happy to source these overseas to get the right ones.

Thanks, Bernie

Keith Downing
07-18-2016, 6:02 AM
We get ours locally from acemart restaurant supply. No idea if they ship overseas or have stores outside the states. They run about $2 each for the stainless ones and are usually in pretty good shape, and plenty thick (we actually use them at our bar as well). Every now and then they'll be some minor imperfections or scratches but we usually just pick around those at the store if they're for engraving.

There are tons of manufacturers of these though, usually with no brand name, from india or china. You may just have to try a few different suppliers to find one whose quality level works for you. Especially if you're trying to get them for the cheapest possible price.

Bernie Fraser
07-18-2016, 8:04 AM
Thanks Keith , I have already ordered another brand from another catering supplier here. To be honest I would prefer the best quality over price. I have also inquired from three Indian suppliers as you say there seems to be a lot of manufacturers. I will search Acemart now and see what I come up with. Thanks

Bernie Fraser
07-18-2016, 8:23 AM
Keith going off the information you supplied I searched Acemart and it appears they do not ship to Australia but the product code returns a manufacturer in China thanks to Google. Have sent them a email so see what comes back.

Kev Williams
07-18-2016, 10:23 AM
In my 'fiber' thread I posted up the results of some black etching I did, which was on one of these-

These are credit-card size for wallet use. Not sure the thickness but .080 sounds about right
Being this wide I would assume they're very rigid, although I assume the weak point is the opening.
Nice thing is the finish is pristine on both side, with no stamping.
I also like the angled brush finish, looks nice, and unique...

They were brought to me, 8 of them, all were as nice as the next.

But, I have no idea of the source. The guy still hasn't picked them up, I'll do a little research when he does :)

Bernie Fraser
07-18-2016, 1:23 PM
Kev they look great. That is something worth finding a supplier for. I think I have underestimated the appeal of laser engraved Stainless products. The customers love that sort of stuff, good work.

Bruce Clumpner
07-18-2016, 4:22 PM
Kev,

That's a great piece, please share the source with the group, I know I've already got a market for these!

bruce