PDA

View Full Version : Chinese Machine Vendor Settings

Abdalla Safwat
07-16-2016, 5:41 PM
Hi,

I posted a previous thread about My faulty chinese laser cutting machine and nothing I have tried have resolved the problems.
http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?245298-My-chinese-laser-cutter-is-faulty-and-no-one-is-able-to-help-I-am-desperate

Now, I am facing a further problem, As I got 2 engineers who make laser cutting machines, I thought they would be having enough knowledge to identify the problem, they got into the Vendor Settings in RD Works and tried different steps, different accelerations, and nothing happened, he tried changing the current and steps from dip-switch but supposedly he did return everything back to normal at the end before leaving and the problem hasn't been fixed. The next day I was trying the machine and I tried FRAME for an order I was testing, and it was too slow for the frame, sounds different too. I turned off the machine and tried moving the x-axis back and forth, it did a lot of breaks and stops. I tried moving the head left and right, it did the same. I called him, he told me to try anything is the factory settings. I tried opening the settings in the machine, got the passwords over the internet, Set Fact Para, Def Fact Para, both successful and I have no idea what I just did. Nothing has changed, my problem still occurs, the slow movement still occurs and something else which is a disaster I noticed. When engraving, it doesn't start from the shape left right left right until it ends, it starts way before the shape to way after it, when increasing the speed that distance even goes further. it takes longer time in high speeds than lower speeds, it take longer times cutting than before.

Now, I don't know what to do, I have no idea who is the china manufacturer of the machine, I bought it from a supplier that obviously knows nothing about anything, The engraving time takes twice the time it did before, the settings are probably all messed up, I need to know, for a 160x100 machine 100w RD works, what are the default settings, how can I get the settings back to normal, How can I fix whatever happened in the machine.
I need to know what makes it so heavy in movement as I will show in the video in the link below, and how to fix it?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bfh5D0qII_8

Thanks,
Abdalla

Jerome Stanek
07-16-2016, 6:08 PM
be careful moving the gantry like that as the stepper act as generators and can fry your drives

Abdalla Safwat
07-16-2016, 6:12 PM
I did while the machine was off

Bert Kemp
07-16-2016, 6:33 PM
you say when engraving the laser head goes past the material and the faster you the further past the material it goes . this is NORMAL as the laser head needs time to build its speed to the set speed before engraving. I assume it still engraves and the engraving is in the right spot. Correct? It takes longer at faster speeds because of this over run. You have to find the spot where it engraves with the shortest time and least
amount of over run
As far as setting I can't help as I have lasercut

Abdalla Safwat
07-16-2016, 7:17 PM
you say when engraving the laser head goes past the material and the faster you the further past the material it goes . this is NORMAL as the laser head needs time to build its speed to the set speed before engraving. I assume it still engraves and the engraving is in the right spot. Correct? It takes longer at faster speeds because of this over run. You have to find the spot where it engraves with the shortest time and least
amount of over run
As far as setting I can't help as I have lasercut

The thing is, the file that used to take 17 minutes, now takes 37 minutes, with the same exact power and speed, Just after the Set Factory Parameters I talked about, something is not right, it is never been like that before, to go past the engraving by like 6 inches

Jerome Stanek
07-17-2016, 8:06 AM
I did while the machine was off

They act as generators when there is no power to them

Abdalla Safwat
07-31-2016, 10:03 AM
So anyone knows the parameters I should set for RDWorks for a 160x100 machine? Maybe send me a file, as the engraving thing is not getting any better