PDA

View Full Version : October ASWR Charity Build for Cancer Research

Gail O'Rourke
09-24-2005, 10:09 PM
Hi,

Just a reminder that I will be attending the www.americansycamoreretreat.com October Charity build where we build furniture pieces in 2 days, at the end of which, the pieces are donated for auction for the American Cancer Society. If those of you are located in the Indianapolis area are interested in attending, I would love to meet you there. It is sure to be a fun weekend.

Gail
October 15th-16th.
This is your opportunity to fight the monster.

Jim O'Dell
09-24-2005, 10:32 PM
What a neat idea!! I have a friend I grew up with that is a research scientist I believe at UCLA-Berkley (or is it USC-Berkley?), could be wrong there, that has been doing cancer research for probably 2 decades (different locations). The information I get from my parents (best friends with her parents) is that they are making enormous strides towards some break throughs. Doing a weekend like this that benefits research as well as current treatment is a really wonderful thing.GOOD ON YOU AND THE OTHERS PARTICIPATING!! Jim.

John Lucas
09-25-2005, 12:07 AM
Gail.
That is a great weekend of woodworking and a good benefit. I thought that you could have sponsors whose donations could be added to the efforts. No?