PDA

View Full Version : Mystery Incra "The Miter Gauge" - Pic

Steve Mathews
07-14-2016, 7:11 PM
The "The Miter Gauge" by Incra shown below was included with a cabinet saw that I purchased. It must be fairly old because I can't find a manual on the Incra website. Does anyone have any info. on it? It's much better quality than my other miter gauges and I would like to make full use of it.

Mike Nguyen
07-14-2016, 7:49 PM
I think it's an Incra Miter 2000.
http://www.woodpeck.com/incramiter2k.html
There is a link to download the manual from the link above.

Mike

Mike Cutler
07-14-2016, 8:28 PM
The "The Miter Gauge" by Incra shown below was included with a cabinet saw that I purchased. It must be fairly old because I can't find a manual on the Incra website. Does anyone have any info. on it? It's much better quality than my other miter gauges and I would like to make full use of it.

That's the miter I've been using for many years. It's a rock solid, bullet proof miter, but it does have some quirks. It can be a little finicky to get right, but once you have it dialed in, it stays there.
The biggest problem that I had/have with mine, is that the face of the miter fence does not lock in at 90 degrees to the table, when all the nuts are tightened.
I had to shim the fence to 90 degrees to the table surface by placing shim stock, feeler gauges, in between the fence and t "L" bracket that supports it.
Pay real close attention to the location of the "split" in the nylon washers that adjust your miter bar to the slot. The orientation is pretty specific.
BTW, it wasn't a cheap miter when it came out. It was pretty expensive actually. ;)

Steve Mathews
07-14-2016, 10:01 PM
I think it's an Incra Miter 2000.
http://www.woodpeck.com/incramiter2k.html
There is a link to download the manual from the link above.

Mike

Thanks Mike! That's exactly what I needed.

Bruce Page
07-14-2016, 10:46 PM
Yep, it's a 2000. They're a little clumsy to switch from one slot to the other but very accurate once set up. I love mine.