PDA

View Full Version : Delta 28-380 Bandsaw

Doug Whitenton
07-12-2016, 11:17 PM
I bought this saw last week. Mfg in 1965. It had been in a storage/shop building for several years. I'm in the process of disassembling it and cleaning. From all the oil krud I'm assuming it was used for metal cutting. It's looking to be in pretty good shape as I get it washed. But I'm not yet experienced in getting things apart.
Could someone tell me how to remove the pulley from the shaft. Thanks

Harold Weaver
07-13-2016, 2:03 PM
Doug,
As in most Delta 14" saws the pulley will have a set screw holding it in place, possibly two of them. In some instances you will find a set screw in place with another set screw on top of that one. Be careful in your examination. Make sure you have removed ALL the set screws before trying to remove the pulley. Also soak the shaft and pulley hole with some PB Blaster or similar product, this will help make the removal a lot easier. Go over to vintagemachinery.com and sign up, it's free. Go to OWWM.com as well and search their woodworking machinery forums, loads of great restoration info on Delta band saws. The manual for your saw is there in PDF format. Here is the link:

http://vintagemachinery.org/pubs/detail.aspx?id=5169

Harold