PDA

View Full Version : Creeker's Weekend Accomplishments

Dennis Peacock
07-11-2016, 12:05 AM
11 July 2016

Good Morning Everyone,
It's been an interesting week of oncall duty to include me working several hours yesterday. I'm just glad this tour of duty is over. No woodworking for me but the LOML Jr went into the hospital tonight in preparation of having our very first grandchild.....so maybe tomorrow.....I will go from Dad....to Pop or granddad.....Needless to say..we are Excited.!!!!
More on the new grandbaby after it is born. :)

That's it for me, so what did YOU do this past weekend?

Best of weeks to you all.

Robby Tacheny
07-11-2016, 9:05 AM
I added 14 horizontal feet of hanging space in my shop yesterday. Its a basement shop, so I had attach studs to joists above and then attach 1/2" plywood.

I also added a little bit of hanging space near my drill press so that I can hang bits nearby. Last week I added a magnet strip near the drill press to hang the chuck key and stuff I am using. The magnet has been one of the best $5 ever spent so far.

I mounted a 4 outlet winding extension cord above my worktable yesterday. I can already tell that having cords dangling down instead of going across the table is going to be nice.

Robby

Wayne Lomman
07-11-2016, 9:33 AM
Re fitted the doors on the main kitchen after final coat of white high gloss 2 pack polyurethane. Checked the cure on the high gloss timber bench top - still too soft to cover. The weather has been cold and wet so nothing is happening in a hurry. Wanted to do the final sand on flushed joints in plasterboard walls but it hasn't dried - weather again! Started fitting skirting and architraves. All the skirting has to be scribed to finished tiled floors so it is a slow job.

Off home this week for my 2 week break. The weather forecast is for snow the day I fly into Tasmania but for us 4" of snow that lasts for a couple of days is as bad as it gets. Cheers

Charles Wiggins
07-11-2016, 9:37 AM
My BIL, who has been living with us, had a heart attack on Thursday - 2 stents, he's supposed to come home today.

Went up to Asheville on Friday with deliver a chest of drawers to my MIL's house, for my son to use while he's staying with her. He just started a new job up there last week. He is working maintenance at Silverline Plastics (http://www.slpipe.com/). They make piping - PVC, CPVC, polyethylene, and PEX.

Went to hospital to visit with BIL, then to my mom's to do a few chores for her, then back hom to Forest City.

Spent most of Saturday splitting and stacking the last of the pine I cut up about 2 months ago, so all my firewood is finally up for the coming winter. Still have three more pine trees to cut up. Guess I'll use those the next year.

Took the trash to the convenience center and stopped by O'Reilly to have a lawnmower battery tested.

Yesterday, I straightened up my BIL's room so I could remove the bunk beds that were in there and set up a daybed. Thought it would be easier for him to get up and down without ducking his head, while he's recovering.

Also did 6 loads of laundry.

Jim Becker
07-11-2016, 10:03 AM
Very exciting there, Dennis!

Typical weekend for me; mowed the grass on Sunday since it was rainy on Saturday. Saturday, I was in the shop for most of the day working on some things for Professor Dr. SWMBO's beekeeping and some more work on an interior doors I'm building...that was largely centered around making some 1/2" ogee moulding, a multi-step process where some big pieces of wood gradually become small pieces of wood. :D

Gary Cunningham
07-11-2016, 5:12 PM
I worked on a Sapele four shelf stand for the wife. Took my time fitting the shelves into the sides. Did a good job dt'ing the top with a Leigh rtj400.
I left the shelves long the back to avoid blowing out the edges.

Cut two shelves, and after cutting the third: I ripped the wrong edge. :-(

A fair bit of bad words filled the air.