PDA

View Full Version : Mini? Gloat.

Jason Roehl
09-24-2005, 8:14 AM
Well, there's a Family Farm & Home store nearby that will be closing its doors tomorrow, so I've been checking in periodically to see if I could nab any deals. I finally bit the bullet yesterday in the upgrade I had somewhat planned for my Husqy chainsaw. I originally bought the saw (372xp) with a 20" bar, knowing that it could run a 32" bar/chain combo if I ever needed it. At the time, the combo would've cost me an extra $110 or so. Well, the manager wouldn't come down more than the posted 10% on Husqy products, but I still got the combo for under $90. I just hope I don't have to sharpen that chain too much. It takes long enough on the 20" chain.

Kelly C. Hanna
09-24-2005, 8:46 AM
Great deal! Congrats on the score.

Doug Jones
09-24-2005, 9:12 AM
Jason,
Is that the store on 38th St just west of SIA? Any deals worth making the 30 mile trip?

Jason Roehl
09-24-2005, 9:59 PM
Probably not at this point, Doug. You should have stopped on your way home from work the past few days. They been pretty busy lately and picked pretty clean. I was hoping to score some Carhartt clothes at 40% off, but all the bib overalls left were like 50W 30L...that would fit two of me and be too short. (Call me Jason Squarepants--I wear a 32x32).

Tractor Supply is going to be moving into that building (about 1/2 mile farther west right now). We've put in a bid with the GC on painting inside and out, but we haven't heard back yet, and they want the exterior started around the 1st of October--not looking too promising right now.