PDA

View Full Version : Leonard Lee - RIP

Hilton Ralphs
07-07-2016, 5:12 PM
We all owe an immense gratitude to Mr Lee for bringing us a multitude of great tools over the years.

RIP Sir!

Ron Kellison
07-07-2016, 5:42 PM
I met Mr. Lee several times. At one point I approached him about opening a franchise operation in Vancouver. Unfortunately, that was about the time that he had problems with a franchise operation out West and decided to pull it all back to being owned and managed by the family so I was out of luck. We met several more times over the years and I was always impressed by his high standards and integrity. For all of his forward thinking on how to treat the customers and bringing back old tools done better, he was very much a traditionalist. Every employee of Lee Valley knew that his name was Mr. Lee. NOBODY called him Leonard twice!

In many respects we have him to thank for being able to buy real hand tools rather than tool-shaped objects. He will be sorely missed!

Frederick Skelly
07-07-2016, 5:46 PM
To Rob Lee, the Lee Family and the LV Staff - please accept my condolences in this sad time. Your Dad set the standard for how to treat his customers and providing good value in all his products. We'll miss him too.

Sadly,
Fred Skelly

george wilson
07-07-2016, 5:47 PM
I had some conversations with Mr. Lee,and I sent him a White back saw. They were originally a bit crude,and so were our accurate repros! He sent me his book. I am sorry to hear that he is gone. My condolences to his family.

Patrick Chase
07-07-2016, 5:57 PM
I never interacted with Leonard Lee, but his sharpening book was the first one I read that really "worked" for me, and he obviously built an incredibly organization and legacy.

My condolences to his family and colleagues.

Jim Koepke
07-07-2016, 6:36 PM
My condolences to the Lee family and many friends.

jtk

John Kananis
07-07-2016, 7:11 PM
Condolences to all his loved ones - his efforts and accomplishments will be sorely missed.

Bruce Page
07-07-2016, 7:22 PM
Rest in peace Mr. Lee. My condolences to his family & friends.

Gary Muto
07-07-2016, 7:57 PM
I just saw this online too. My condolences go out to the Lee Family and Company members.

Phil Mueller
07-07-2016, 8:03 PM
I just read Mr Lee's bio. A truly accomplish man with a diverse interest in creating things that made a positive impact on many lives.
Rob, may you and your family find comfort in the fact that he has enabled enjoyment for many for generations to come.

Brent Cutshall
07-07-2016, 8:24 PM
My situation is like Patrick's, I have his sharpening book but I never met him. He was a smart man. I would have liked to meet him.

Dave Beauchesne
07-08-2016, 12:30 AM
I too wish to pass on my condolences to the Lee family and employees of LV.
I am proud of what a fellow Canadian ( and fellow Saskatchewan native ) accomplished- a legacy to be proud of.
Dave B

Mike Holbrook
07-08-2016, 8:26 AM
Rob and family, know that everyone here at SawMill Creek has you in our thoughts. We appreciate everything you and yours do to enhance our enjoyment of working with wood. Many of us feel a link to your family and company that goes beyond enjoying the tools. It is personal and we feel your loss.

Chris Fournier
07-08-2016, 9:31 AM
What a rich and interesting life Leonard Lee lived! I am saddened with his death and hope that at this time his family can be together to celebrate his life and support each other in their loss.

I'm certain that in his retirement he took great pride in the ability of his children to carry on with his life's work and continue to build upon his vision.

Dave Anderson NH
07-08-2016, 10:26 AM
To the Lee family and the Lee Valley-Veritas family I offer my sincerest condolences and prayers. Mr. Leonard Lee left a fine legacy for his family and his country. Too rarely are commercial acumen, altruism, and high ethical standards found in one person. Mr. Lee was one of those rare individuals. May he rest in peace.

Bill McNiel
07-08-2016, 12:01 PM
To the Lee family and the Lee Valley-Veritas family I offer my sincerest condolences and prayers. Mr. Leonard Lee left a fine legacy for his family and his country. Too rarely are commercial acumen, altruism, and high ethical standards found in one person. Mr. Lee was one of those rare individuals. May he rest in peace.

Dave and others have pretty much nailed it, not much more I can add other than this man had a very positive effect on my life and livelihood. Best wishes to Rob and the whole family.

Christopher Charles
07-08-2016, 2:04 PM
Rob and family,

My thoughts are with you. From all I saw and read about Mr. Lee, it was clear he was a man of class, innovation, and integrity. We will all miss him and do thank him for his legacy.

Best,
Chris

Jim Tobias
07-08-2016, 2:25 PM
Condolences to the Lee Family. Leonard Lee really started something special.

Jim

Gary Herrmann
07-08-2016, 9:22 PM
I just went to the site and immediately came here. Rob and family, my condolences on your loss. Losing a Father is a hard thing.

Be well.

Gary

Steve Voigt
07-08-2016, 10:23 PM

Very well said, Dave. My deepest sympathies to Rob and his family.

Rob Lee
07-18-2016, 9:39 AM
Hi All,

Many thanks on behalf of the family for all of the kind words, stories, and remembrances. It has meant a lot to us to be able to focus on the many good years Dad had.

Sincerely -

Rob Lee