PDA

View Full Version : compressor for laser

Scott Boatner
07-07-2016, 10:23 AM
Hello again brain trust! I`m taking delivery of my Trotec Speedy 400/80 watt soon. My shop is ready but I'm still working out the best compressor to run in front the machine. Any ideas as to what you use and why, quality, noise, etc. We have a regulator and moisture control decided on, just need the compressor.

Brian Lamb
07-07-2016, 12:16 PM
I doubt you need much air, but I got one of these about 6-8 months ago and it's working out fantastic for my shop. It's used on my CNC mill at the moment, which is probably 5 times the air requirements you would have, so check your CFM required and you might be able to go with a smaller unit.

The California Air Tools compressors are very quiet and so far I'm hearing good things on longevity.... compared to the deafening drone of my other compressors, it's a welcome relief.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/California-Air-Tools-10-Gal-2-HP-Ultra-Quiet-and-Oil-Free-Air-Compressor-10020/203245210

Tony Lenkic
07-07-2016, 12:32 PM
Hello again brain trust! I`m taking delivery of my Trotec Speedy 400/80 watt soon. My shop is ready but I'm still working out the best compressor to run in front the machine. Any ideas as to what you use and why, quality, noise, etc. We have a regulator and moisture control decided on, just need the compressor.

Trotec laser are equpped with compressors for air assist. Contact your sales rep to confirm.

Gary Hair
07-07-2016, 12:59 PM
My Speedy 400/80 came with the compressor built-in. Granted, it's not very powerful but is adequate for the job. Big bonus - it's virtually silent!

Neville Stewart
07-09-2016, 7:45 AM
My Speedy 400/80 came with the compressor built-in. Granted, it's not very powerful but is adequate for the job. Big bonus - it's virtually silent!
Compressors are standard on a 400.