PDA

View Full Version : Iphone se

dennis thompson
07-06-2016, 8:18 AM
I am thinking about moving up to a smart phone. I can get an iphone se for only 99 cents with a 2 year contract with verizon( where i plan to stay). Does anyone have an opinion of the iphone se?

thanks

George Bokros
07-06-2016, 8:55 AM
I had an iPhone and dumped for an Androld and would never go back an Apple product again. Apple is to controlling. Example you have purchase charging cables from Apple @$20 when you get one for an Android for $5.

Jim Becker
07-06-2016, 10:04 AM
The iPhone SE replaced the iPhone 5S and is a very nice phone with upgraded power, etc, over the older model. It just doesn't have the larger size of the 6 and 6S series and a few bells and whistles.

As to accessories...Amazon Basics are very nicely priced and high quality. No need to buy with the Apple brand when you need extras, but don't buy "no-name" either.

Mike Null
07-06-2016, 10:09 AM
I switched from Blackberry to iPhone about a year and a half ago. I didn't want to change but blackberry left me no option.

So far the iPhone has been flawless except that I don't like the email apps nor Apple email.

Jim Becker
07-06-2016, 10:11 AM
So far the iPhone has been flawless except that I don't like the email apps nor Apple email.

I'm not sure what you mean by "Apple email"...if you mean the iCloud email account, you don't need to use that for any kind of normal communication activity. It's needed for authentication and some other functional purposes, but not needed otherwise. Use the email account or accounts of your choice wherever that might be.

Chris Padilla
07-06-2016, 12:47 PM
I have a 6S iPhone and it is pretty darn cool. I came from a Galaxy S2 which was also cool (and my very first smartphone). I like both systems but I'd have to give the nod to Apple for being more stable however I was able to work on the Galaxy if I needed to. I hope I don't have to work on the Apple because, well, I can't. I also switched over to Verizon from T-Mobile when I switched to the 6S.

Stan Calow
07-06-2016, 12:56 PM
I have one. no problems or issues. I don't do many apps or watch videos or any of that stuff, so bigger screen not needed. Biggest factor for me was that it was still small enough to fit in my shirt pocket. It does seem like once you commit to the Apple world, its hard to get out.

Gordon Eyre
07-06-2016, 1:59 PM
Love my apple iPhone and never felt the need or desire to go with anything else.

Larry Browning
07-06-2016, 2:01 PM
I don't much care for IPhones. My first exposure to a smartphone was and is an IPhone. I have never liked it from the moment I got it. Maybe it was that I just don't like smartphones, or maybe it is the IPhone. The biggest thing I really HATE about this IPhone is that it will not let me select all emails when I go to clean up my inbox. It makes you select them one at a time and to delete them. This is massively time consuming when you have 2000+ emails you want to delete. Ninty Five percent of the emails I get are junk mail and I tend to let them accumulate for several months and then when I want to clean it up it makes you select them one at a time to. Why can't they provide me with a select all button? I could then go back through and deselect the ones I want to keep. That would be way faster.

Harry Hagan
07-06-2016, 2:05 PM
Thanks for the tip, Jiim

David L Morse
07-06-2016, 2:46 PM
I don't much care for IPhones. My first exposure to a smartphone was and is an IPhone. I have never liked it from the moment I got it. Maybe it was that I just don't like smartphones, or maybe it is the IPhone. The biggest thing I really HATE about this IPhone is that it will not let me select all emails when I go to clean up my inbox. It makes you select them one at a time and to delete them. This is massively time consuming when you have 2000+ emails you want to delete. Ninty Five percent of the emails I get are junk mail and I tend to let them accumulate for several months and then when I want to clean it up it makes you select them one at a time to. Why can't they provide me with a select all button? I could then go back through and deselect the ones I want to keep. That would be way faster.

An easy way to do that is to select the ones you want to keep and move those to a different mailbox. Then choose "Trash All" and get rid of the junk. You can move the keepers back to the inbox or leave them in the other folder.

Larry Browning
07-06-2016, 4:27 PM
An easy way to do that is to select the ones you want to keep and move those to a different mailbox. Then choose "Trash All" and get rid of the junk. You can move the keepers back to the inbox or leave them in the other folder.

Hmm, that's new isn't it?

Doesn't matter, I HATE my IPhone!!!!!!!! When I retire, they are going to let me keep it.( of course, I would have to start paying the bill) I plan on smashing it with a sledge hammer and throwing it in the lake!

Chris Padilla
07-06-2016, 4:33 PM
At least recycle it, Larry.

Better yet, you might be able to sell it for some cash. :D

I don't know what iPhone you have nor the OS version, but doing email on it is a snap and one can easily do what you want. You might just need an upgraded OS or newer phone.

Matt Day
07-06-2016, 4:55 PM
I find the "complaints" of the iPhone pretty amusing.

Larry Browning
07-06-2016, 5:12 PM
At least recycle it, Larry.

Better yet, you might be able to sell it for some cash. :D

I don't know what iPhone you have nor the OS version, but doing email on it is a snap and one can easily do what you want. You might just need an upgraded OS or newer phone.

Maybe I was not clear about how I feel about IPhones. Call me an Apple bigot if you like, but I just hate mine. It has gone too far now, and nothing will change my mind. I am not a fan of smartphones in general, but IPhones are at the top of the list of the ones I hate the most. I am going to smash it and throw it in the lake, I might even have a ceremony.

Is there a support group for Apple haters? I have trust issues with people that actually like iphones!

Oh, another thing. Why do they call them smart PHONES? The phone part of these evil devices is probably the least used of all it's functions. One day I asked a teenager when was the last time he made a phone call on his phone, and he said he wasn't sure if he had ever done that.

Larry Browning
07-06-2016, 5:17 PM
I find the "complaints" of the iPhone pretty amusing.

It's the Iphone worshipers that amuse me. I wouldn't stand in line for 30 seconds, let alone camp out all night to get my hands on a new one.