PDA

View Full Version : It's shipped!!!

Carole Valentine
09-23-2005, 5:53 PM
My new Nova DVR, that is. :D Steve from Packard called today and gave me the Pro #. Shouldn't take long to travel from W VA to eastern VA. :eek: Guess I will be spending this weekend, organizing and moving stuff around in my shop to make room!

Chris Barton
09-23-2005, 8:36 PM
Congrats Carole! I know you will greatly enjoy a full sized lathe and I look forward to seeing all the great turnings you will be posting!

Ron Journeau
09-23-2005, 8:40 PM
you must be getting twitterpated waiting for that parcel to arrive,Carole. After looking at your posts of what you have created so far, we all know it can only get better. Looing forward to some great pics .. congrats in advance on your new purchase

Bruce Shiverdecker
09-23-2005, 9:44 PM
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH - Now I know why you're getting rid of the Jet Mini Extentions. Have fun with your new TOY.

Bruce

Ed Lang
09-23-2005, 9:46 PM
I will be sure to wish it well as it passes by Charlottesville on its way East to find you!

I know you will show us pictures when you get it.... at least I hope you do!

Congrats and enjoy

Jim Becker
09-23-2005, 10:05 PM
Now the addiction is REALLY official! Congratulations, Carole...I'm sure you'll post the obligatory pictures when it arrives... ;)

Carole Valentine
09-23-2005, 10:21 PM
Trying to figure out how to arrange everything tonight. Almost impossible. I may have to sell that huge Unisaw, the planer and the jointer! But then if I ever get into segmented turning, I suppose I will need all those too. And I am NOT going to get rid of my Mini...I have some sort of emotional attachment to that little lathe. Yep, need a bigger shop. (Dream on Carole!)

Harry Pye
09-23-2005, 11:23 PM
Got a similar phone call from Packard Woodworks. My new DVR is on the move. Since I arranged to pick mine up from the terminal here in PA, I called them. There is a little more fooling around to go from Virginia to Pennsylvania and the truckers don't work weekends. So mine is project to be here on Tuesday. Now I need to get busy and build a stand. :) :) :)

Carole Valentine
09-23-2005, 11:38 PM
Tuesday??? I wonder if mine will arrive on Monday? Guess I better call Monday morning. Sheesh...I'm not quite ready for this. When I ordered it they said it wouldn't be here until the end of October! LOL

Robert Watsek
09-24-2005, 1:04 AM
Congratulations Carole :D

I know your going to enjoy the DVR and all those bells and whistles. Quite a step up from the Jet mini............I sure do envy you with the outboard abilities.

Cant wait to see pic's of your first turning from it.:)

Bob

Rich Stewart
09-24-2005, 2:04 AM
Hi Carol, Congrats on your new machine. I am sooo jealous. Wifey said I can get the Jet mini for christmas. Addiction. Good word. It's got me good now. I find myself riding to work looking at stumps on the side of the road. Looking at telephone poles and downed trees,wondering whats inside. Walking the dog looking at different trees in the woods wondering what they look like inside. Don't worry, I'll not be cutting down any trees. Looking at various shapes that would have never crossed my mind before wondering if I could duplicate that on a lathe. Spending hours on ebay looking at wood. Going through catalogs for hours, looking at galleries online of anything turning. hahaha. Thinking how I can get another shed put up in the backyard that can be a workshop.Gonna be cold soon. I'm sure that snow is going to put a damper on my set up. Ice and freezing aint gonna be no picnic either. Anyway, real happy for you getting the new toy. Can't wait to see your first thing.

Dick Parr
09-24-2005, 9:11 AM
Hi Carole,

Glad to hear it is on it's way, did you get the stand made for it yet?

Let me know what you think once you get it up and running. Have fun and be safe getting it up onto the stand. :)

Carole Valentine
09-24-2005, 8:10 PM
Hi Dick,
No I have not made a stand yet. I got a steel stand from Woodcraft. I figured I would turn on the lathe for a while and then I would have a better idea of what I want in a custom stand. Besides, the 3" white oak beams that I am going to use need about 6 more months of drying time. I am going to do a trestle style with hollow box ends that can be filled with ballast. That's all I know so far! LOL

Hi Carole,

Glad to hear it is on it's way, did you get the stand made for it yet?

Let me know what you think once you get it up and running. Have fun and be safe getting it up onto the stand. :)