PDA

View Full Version : Fastcap Best Fence Pro 2

Jeff Tilton
07-05-2016, 6:29 AM
I am looking for a miter stand for my Kapex. It will be primarily set up for shop use but I need to be able to move it from my work to home on occasion. I have been looking at the Fastcap Best fence pro 2, but can’t find any reviews on it, or much information at all. Does anyone here own one, or has used one? How solid is it when set up? Is it worth the $600 price tag?

Michael Roberts
07-05-2016, 10:42 PM
I have a Best Fence Pro 4 for my Kapex. It's very solid and easy to move around. I don't move mine often, so there's a bit of head scratching when I do. Even with the head scratching, it takes less than five minutes to go from setup to packed up in the truck or vise versa.

I'd buy it again in a heartbeat. Great tool for mixed shop and site work.

Jeff Tilton
07-06-2016, 6:00 AM
Thanks for the input. Hard to find any feedback on these.

Biff Phillips
07-06-2016, 4:21 PM
I have the Best Fence. I am not sure what version it is.
Mine is permanently mounted to a homemade "miter saw" bench system, so I can't comment on how easy it is to move and reset up.
Honestly, it is one of the best things I have ever bought for the shop.
The measuring system works perfectly. You can cut a piece at lets say 8 1/8 inches and then a week later cut another piece exactly the same size.
It was a pretty fast and easy setup for me. Highly recommended. Wish I had bought it when it first came out.