PDA

View Full Version : 2nd and subsequent pages in new posts (Resolved)

Curt Harms
09-23-2005, 2:55 PM
I always use new posts when I log onto SMC. It seems if I stay on the first page for longer than 45 minutes or so, when I click on the 2nd page I get a no messages found window. Is there a way to keep the search results on 2nd and subsequent page search results active?

Thanks

Curt

Jeff Sudmeier
09-23-2005, 2:58 PM
Curt, the problem is the time lapse. I am not sure what the forum is set to, but if it was set to hours and hours, the new posts pages would number in the tens throughout the day...

Jim Becker
09-23-2005, 4:35 PM
If you access SMC and either stay online or leave for around 45 minutes, anything "not read" becomes marked as "read". As Jeff surmises, it's to help keep some sanity to the number of new posts "since last access". That's how the time works..."since last access"...to the site. SMC actually has it set for a pretty long time. One of the adoption forums I participate in ages out in 15 minutes! (Same base software)

Curt Harms
09-24-2005, 2:10 PM
I guess it'd help if my attention span exceeded that of a gnat :rolleyes: .

Curt

Jim Becker
09-24-2005, 2:41 PM
I guess it'd help if my attention span exceeded that of a gnat

Mine's shorter... ;)

Keith Outten
09-24-2005, 5:44 PM
I always use new posts when I log onto SMC. It seems if I stay on the first page for longer than 45 minutes or so, when I click on the 2nd page I get a no messages found window. Is there a way to keep the search results on 2nd and subsequent page search results active?

Thanks

Curt

Curt,

You can open each of the new pages in separate browser windows, the results will not expire and you are free to read the new posts at your leisure.

Curt Harms
09-25-2005, 10:14 PM
That works for me.

Curt