View Full Version : Rosewood Tenon Saw

Andrew Gibson
07-01-2016, 10:49 AM
I decided to make a new handle for my Tenon Saw. The saw itself was a Wenzloff & Sons kit that I bought a number of years ago. The old handle was fine but my skills have progressed a bit.
I had some Rosewood (Dalbergia Sissoo) that was locally grown and cut so I thought I would give a new handle a go.

I'm happy with the results.

Joe Tilson
07-01-2016, 10:54 AM
Very nice job Andrew. The wood is as beautiful as your work.

Jim Koepke
07-01-2016, 11:13 AM
Looks great.

jtk

Dave Kelley
07-01-2016, 11:32 AM
Looks awesome. I have some old Disston saws I want to make three matching handles. I can only hope mine come out this nice.

george wilson
07-01-2016, 11:57 AM
Nice job. I see you used the more correct rounded "pips" rather than those annoying sharp,pyramid shaped ones that some use. My "pips" are higher than yours,more like half of an ellipse.

Andrew Gibson
07-01-2016, 12:22 PM
Nice job. I see you used the more correct rounded "pips" rather than those annoying sharp,pyramid shaped ones that some use. My "pips" are higher than yours,more like half of an ellipse.

Thanks all!
And thanks George, the Pips on mine are a result of the smallest gouge I have, I roughed out the handle at the bandsaw and just grabbed a gouge and refined the pips. I didn't exactly hack away at the handle but I didn't waste a great deal of time on it either. I roughed it out a few weeks ago and finished it up yesterday while home having new windows installed in the house. I thought it best to keep out of the installers hair.