PDA

View Full Version : Twitter opt out

Michael Weber
06-29-2016, 12:46 PM
I want to opt out of Twitter entirely. Normally websites have some kind of opt out link but I find nothing on Twitter itself and an Internet search just turns up page after page of how to opt out of their many options. Finally decide to check it out to see what the fuss was about and now I don't want to have anything to do with it. Anybody know how or where to find an instructional link. Thanks

Jerome Stanek
06-29-2016, 1:47 PM
Twitter and Facebook what is that

Larry Browning
06-29-2016, 3:56 PM
I found this:
http://www.wikihow.com/Delete-a-Twitter-Account

glenn bradley
06-29-2016, 4:05 PM
Twitter and Facebook what is that

Things I have faithfully avoided and I'm in I.T. If I go to my grave without ever having tweeted, I will die happy. Of course I disliked email when it was on the mainframe and only served my own department. Seriously though, there are a lot of good things out there and for every one there are hundreds of thousands of bad ones.

Michael Weber
06-29-2016, 9:27 PM
I found this:
http://www.wikihow.com/Delete-a-Twitter-Account Thanks Larry. I had tried that but the delete account does not appear at the page bottom. I'll try from my computer instead of iPad.

Jerome Stanek
06-30-2016, 6:48 AM
I don't have a facebook page I don't tweet and I don't text if I need to talk to someone I call them and talk or I email them.

mike holden
06-30-2016, 11:07 AM
From your computer, delete the link to the page
From your phone/tablet delete the app.
Done.
You cant delete what you have sent or the page you created by sending any tweets, all you can do is leave.
Mike

Brian Henderson
06-30-2016, 12:30 PM
You can delete your account (http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2479908,00.asp) if you want, it isn't difficult, but if you honestly just want to opt out... just don't use it.

Jerry Thompson
06-30-2016, 8:45 PM
Jerome, it sure feels good to be a Luddite.

Kurt Kintner
06-30-2016, 8:53 PM
I don't have a facebook page I don't tweet and I don't text if I need to talk to someone I call them and talk or I email them.
Exactly where I am .....

David L Morse
06-30-2016, 9:28 PM

I prefer text messaging over leaving a voicemail. I can edit the text before hitting 'send'.

Mike Henderson
07-01-2016, 12:07 AM
I like text messages, also. They're a bit more immediate than email. I often have conversations with friends via text.

I don't do Facebook or Twitter.

Mike

Chris Padilla
07-01-2016, 12:11 PM
No Twitter...left FB 3 years ago. I do text quite a bit with my friends. My folks is a phone call and email works for them, too. I find texting to be easier as the recipient may answer at their leisure and it is usually much quieter than calling someone.

Heck, I text my daughter (14 years old) when she is upstairs in her room. It is easier to reach her that way over yelling or going to her room . :)

My daughter uses Snapchat and Instagram. FB is for old people according to my daughter and she has no interest in Twitter.

Michael Weber
07-01-2016, 12:16 PM
Finally got it done. I had followed the instructions to deactivate on my iPad, iPhone and an old android phone and The deactivate option simply did not show up. After I cleaned the carb and added gasoline the PC finally fired up and it did show up there.

Myk Rian
07-01-2016, 9:49 PM
Mobile devices just don't show you everything.