PDA

View Full Version : Meistergram Champion H-Square 1912

Diane Zila
06-27-2016, 5:04 PM
I am getting a loud buzzing noise after I connected the table to the controller box and turned on the box. The table does not respond to anything other than the reset button. Was working fine until we moved to a new location and re-connected everything. Swapped out the parallel cable with a new one and still have the same problem. Equipment was not dropped or tilted. Not sure what other information will be needed. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kev Williams
06-27-2016, 5:22 PM
Could be nothing to do at all with moving, just coincidental timing :)

Can you access the stepper motors, so as to see if you can turn them by hand? One of my competitors brought his small engraver to me one day (forget the brand), when firing it up it made a hellacious "WHHHWEEEEEE" noise... the problem was his X stepper motor was siezed up...

You should be able to turn your steppers - WITH THE POWER OFF!! - without too much resistance, and the resistance should be relatively equal...

that would be step one to check :)

Mark Sipes
06-28-2016, 12:43 PM
If you have not already, unhook all the cables that were previously unplugged and inspect for bent/pushed pins and that they were plugged into the proper ports. Properly seat cables ....

Diane Zila
06-28-2016, 1:56 PM
Just wanted to say thank you. When checking the stepper motors I noticed dangeling wires. I reconnected them and it turned on with no issues. I also did unhook the cables, checked them and re-seated as well. Thank you again guys. I really appreciate your help!!!:)