PDA

View Full Version : Lesson Learned?

Mark Plough
09-22-2005, 11:55 PM
The day after Katrina hit I filled up my van. I figured that the refineries were shut down so the price would go up. Paid $2.74 a gallon. It lasted me 3 weeks.
I do get 27 mpg. Filled up Saturday at $2.73 per gallon. Not bad.:D

On my way home from work tonight (9:15PM) all 10 gas stations I pass on the way home were packed, some with lines in the street.:eek: The highest price I saw was $2.86, lowest $2.69. Do you think people have figured it out. Big storm - Lot of refineries in path - OMG -prices go up!

Mark

Bruce Page
09-23-2005, 9:53 AM
It seems any hiccup even remotely related to the energy industry will jack the price 15¢ - 30¢ per gallon almost immediately. If were lucky, it might come back down 10¢

Jeff Sudmeier
09-23-2005, 10:16 AM
Bruce, exactly! All though I will say that the prices around here are lower than the month before Katrina. I am sure that will change...

Joe Pelonio
09-23-2005, 10:29 AM
If you're not already full, I'd get gas today. It's the lowest in weeks,
$2.83-$2.89 at here in Bellevue (Seattle area). They are talking $4-5/gallon
by next week if this storm in Texas knocks out the refineries. Good luck to
all of you in the Gulf area!

Jerry Clark
09-23-2005, 11:08 AM
Thursday-- Channel 5, a news person said, "Price gouging by the oil companies is not ilegal under Federal Law, and you can expect $4-$5 gas in some places.":cool:

Bob Nieman
09-23-2005, 2:28 PM
Here in my little corner of the world, where the nearest refinery is 30 miles away and hurricanes are at worst six or more hundreds of miles away, some fools started spreading rumors of gas prices in neighboring towns in the $4 to $7 range. It wasn't true, but every station in town had lines and some ran out of gas. THAT will raise the price if nothing else. This morning most of the pumps were open and prices were anywhere from 2.69 (pre Rita price) to 2.89 to 2.97. I assume they will all be at least 2.84 when I get back to town. At least for a short while we actually have stations with different prices--most of the time it is one price at all stations. This morning we stopped in a small town to get a paper and there were two stations with a 20 cent price difference. All the cars and trucks were at the more expensive station, so I asked my coworker why?

They have much better food.