PDA

View Full Version : 40 - 60W Laser Options in Ontario, Canada?

Jack Perejuan
06-22-2016, 11:54 AM
Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone has much experience with obtaining a used or new laser in Ontario, Canada.

It seems the main US Manufacturers (Universal, Trotec, Epilog) will be around the 20k mark from the quotes I've received. That's a little out of my price range, and I've only lived in Canada for 3 years, so I'm not sure my credit is good enough to lease at a rate that makes sense for me.

I can't find much at all in terms of used lasers, they're extremely hard to find.

A couple of options I was thinking about, and wanted to know if anyone had any knowledge on the reliability of these machines.

Bodor BCL0605MU

ASC365 - Chinese Made - 130065:4060 laser engraving 110v 60w

or do you any of you knowledgeable folk have any other suggestions?

My budget is up to 6k CAD. Or leasing if I can get it under $200 p/month 60 months.

Wilbur Harris
06-22-2016, 9:38 PM
You might check out Shenhui, Gwieke, Thunderlaser, etc.... You could just buy a Trotec and worry about how you're gonna pay for it later! Wish I had done that......

If you need advice of any kind, there's folks here that will help you, and sometimes agree, on most anything that is important. There's so many ways to go when buying a Chinese laser.

Scott Marquez
06-22-2016, 10:08 PM
Check out your local Craigslist, there are normally new start-ups that are importing machines to resale.
Not all Chinese machines are built the same so when you find one in your price range do some research.
Enjoy, Scott

Doug Hoffman
06-23-2016, 10:50 AM
I just received my new Bodor BCL0605MU a week ago. I already have a Bodor 1390. I have found Bodors to be of very high quality.
My new desktop has an 80w Reci, and all the bells and whistles. I haven't had time to hook it up yet. This one is going into my home.
I have the chuck rotary, honeycomb bed, CW5000 chiller, cross hair pointer, auto focus, etc. It also is wifi enabled. It ran me $5000
delivered to my door. It also has a 3 year warranty. It is not a light portable laser. I would say the laser itself is about 300 pounds.
I love my larger Bodor, and this one looks to be as well built.

Jack Perejuan
06-24-2016, 2:52 PM
Thanks for replying!

Have you had to deal with their support at all? If so, how are they?

It looks great, I'm just not 100% certain about shipping and duty into Canada.

Doug Hoffman
06-24-2016, 3:36 PM
I had a faulty exhaust fan, they gave me a choice of replacement or cash credit. I chose $ back.
Mine came by ship through Canada. Since it was done that way, I didn't have to pay some of the
fees. I saved about $150. They then came to the port of Chicago. I know many companies will only
use the ocean ports. I would suggest contacting an import broker. They can give you an idea of fees.
My shipping from Bodor was $54 to Chicago port. It was included in the order from Bodor.

Tony Lenkic
06-24-2016, 4:46 PM
Jack,

Have you checked "KIJIJI" for laser engravers?
If you are in TO area there is a distributor of Chinese made machine on Bowes Road, #7 and Keele St. area.

Jack Perejuan
06-27-2016, 8:26 AM
Hi Tony,

I am in the TO area, I've looked on Kijiji, but not much other than asc365.com's offering.

Do you have any links for the distributor you know of?

Ollie Swoboda
10-20-2016, 1:20 PM
Did you deal directly with Bodor? How did you find that experience? also, what control software, if any, came with it? Print driver? RDWorks (version)? Is there a US distributor that you're aware of? What's the footprint of the unit (I will be using it in my home, also)?
Thanks in advance,
--Ollie

Bert Kemp
10-20-2016, 6:33 PM
Ollie have you looked at Rabbit Laser. They are in Ohio and might be worth your while to check them out.

Did you deal directly with Bodor? How did you find that experience? also, what control software, if any, came with it? Print driver? RDWorks (version)? Is there a US distributor that you're aware of? What's the footprint of the unit (I will be using it in my home, also)?
Thanks in advance,
--Ollie