PDA

View Full Version : Gloss white that engraves black?

Jay Selway
06-21-2016, 4:53 PM
Hey guys,

Anybody know of a gloss white material that engraves black? Tried rowmark lacquer, but didn't realize it wasn't for lasers (whoops). Not having much luck finding anything else.

I was thinking I could buy black acrylic, and spray it gloss white, but that seems pretty labor intensive for what I'm going to be doing. If there is a metal or acrylic solution, that'd be ideal.

Thanks in advance.

Jay Selway
06-21-2016, 5:08 PM
Nevermind! Found some.

Ross Moshinsky
06-21-2016, 5:11 PM
"LazerBlak" laserable aluminum comes in white and lasers black JDS ITEM NUMBER ALUM394 Pg 426

Kev Williams
06-21-2016, 5:17 PM
For GLOSS white (not sure if laserable aluminum is glossy) go to Lowe's Depot and pick up a can of white appliance epoxy spray paint. I've done just what you're talking about with black appliance paint over clear plex when Rowmark stopped making black/clear Slicker in 1/32" thick for awhile (this was years ago)...

And I can attest to the white, as I painted our ancient avocado green oven door with the white about 5 years ago-
I just took these pics- this stuff goes on great, if I can keep it from running anyone can! No need to sand the plastic either...
Just need to paint in a relatively dust-free area. And wear old clothes, and a long sleeve shirt,
epoxy overspray is stick-eee!

vic casware
06-21-2016, 5:54 PM
Hi Jay,
Did you get advice on not engraving the lacquers? I've been lasering that for years, Yes it takes 3 passes to cut through
but i assumed that was the only reason why people don't use it. The Textures is better only 2 passes but
of course it's not gloss.

Steve Morris
06-21-2016, 6:35 PM
What did you find Jay?