PDA

View Full Version : decided to help the son out.

Keith Hankins
06-19-2016, 11:20 PM
My son over the past year (he's 26) has taken an intense interest in wood working. I love it. He's in the service and I've been sending my older tools as I'm upgrading. He's been using an old circular saw I had and some irwin chisels. His first project was a mallet. I have to say I'm impressed. He went and bought some walnut to make a tool box and its his most ambitious project to date.

With his birthday coming next month, his mother and I decided that we want him to be as safe as possible. I cashed in a lot of my discover points and put some with it and ordered him the sawstop jobsite saw. I'd loved it to have been the contractor saw but he's got real space issues, and I figured thats the least I could do. It will arrive next Friday. I hope he keeps it a lifetime joy as I have kept it.

Andy Giddings
06-20-2016, 12:29 AM
Good for you Keith, I'm sure the saw will be very welcome and put to good use

Mike Cutler
06-20-2016, 6:31 AM
I think you made the right choice. Space is always at a premium in the service. Being able to pick something up to either move it, or stow it, is essential.

Paul Wunder
06-20-2016, 10:22 AM
A nice Father's Day posting

Ben Rivel
06-20-2016, 11:03 AM
Wow, very generous gift. Im sure it will serve him well and keep him safe!

Warren Wilson
06-20-2016, 1:07 PM
Are you and your wife interested in adopting a middle-aged man?

Keith Hankins
06-20-2016, 2:10 PM
Are you and your wife interested in adopting a middle-aged man?

Nice try! I've got another son starting his Junior year at Va Tech. I'm quite done sir!

Frederick Skelly
06-20-2016, 8:11 PM
Hey Keith - could you adopt me please? :D
You're my kinda Dad!
Fred