PDA

View Full Version : Epilog Mirror

Bill Barkelew
06-19-2016, 12:32 PM
We have a 30 watt Epilog Mini that the mirror above the lens is showing some wear and I have had to increase power and decrease speed to get the same results as in the past. Does anyone know the size and where to get a replacement mirror? How hard is it to replace? It looks like just remove the small set screw on the back and pop out, is it that easy? Thank you all for any help. Bill

Joe Pelonio
06-19-2016, 2:31 PM
I paid about. $40 for new mirror from Epilog, but that was about 6 years ago. Mine had 4 set screws, then remover the holder plate. You must be careful to install with the convex side the same as the old one was installed.

Glen Monaghan
06-20-2016, 12:14 PM
Joe, the mirror doesn't have a convex side, both the front mirrored surface and back surface are planar.

Kev Williams
06-20-2016, 12:37 PM
This may sound dumb but I swear it's true--

My NH rep gave me a new mirror for my LS900 about a year or two ago. The old mirror was fine, it had a few minor scratches but worked fine. I figured that out when I made my own mirror from a hard drive platter and the results were basically identical (until I burned a hole in the mirror-- wrong hard drive platter!)...

Telling my rep this story is why he gave me a mirror...

The old mirror was just a basic 'silver' mirror. The replacement was 'gold'.

And since putting that gold mirror I've had a noticeable increase in cutting power- Cuts that almost went thru in 2 passes went thru with ease even with a touch lower power or faster speeds- white Rowmark, which I used to raster at 100 power and 70 speed, I now get the same results at 85 speed...

SO-- just a suggestion, but if your mirror was silver, try for a gold one! (I still want to replace my other 2 mirrors with gold ones)

John Noell
06-21-2016, 4:41 PM
I have seen no performance difference between the mirrors from Epilog and the ones from eBay. (Although I got them from a vendor Dave Sheldrake recommended.) When cutting stuff that makes a lot of smoke, causing the mirrors to need cleaning, I use the Mo ones rather than the seemingly more delicate Si gold ones.