PDA

View Full Version : Felder KF700 Dimensions

Dave Moorhouse
06-18-2016, 5:04 PM
Hi

I'm looking to purchase a Felder KF700(S) sliding saw/shaper but would like to know the footprint so I can layout my shop.

In particular I need to know the width of the table (from the blade towards the rip fence), the length of the cross cut fence (before it is extended), and how far the X-roll track sticks out in front and behind the table.

If anyone has this saw or the similar K700 could you please help me out with these measurements.

Many thanks

David

Brian Lamb
06-18-2016, 9:51 PM
Need a bit more info, what length of slider, what width of tables on the rip side (31" or 48") and what outrigger (1300 or 1500, don't think the S chassis comes with the 1100)? All of this used to be available from Felder, and I suspect it is still in the files section of the Felder Owners Group (FOG) if you are a member, if not, join.

Lou Ortiz
06-19-2016, 1:03 PM
PM me an email address and i'll shoot you the pdf

Dave Moorhouse
06-20-2016, 6:30 AM
Need a bit more info, what length of slider, what width of tables on the rip side (31" or 48") and what outrigger (1300 or 1500, don't think the S chassis comes with the 1100)? All of this used to be available from Felder, and I suspect it is still in the files section of the Felder Owners Group (FOG) if you are a member, if not, join.

Thanks Brian. At this stage it will be 49" rip, 1300 outrigger with a 2500 slider.

Brian Lamb
06-20-2016, 9:06 AM
From the latest catalog, width from the blade to the end of the rip fence bar is 59". The width to the crosscut fence, the catalog says 74" to 104", my machine has the 1500 outrigger and is 81.5" with the crosscut fence in, but it is a 2001 model which has a whole different outrigger. The total stroke on the 2500mm version is 207 7/8".

I hope that helps....

John Lankers
06-20-2016, 10:26 AM
The 1500 outrigger table might still be available as a free of charge option and I would highly recommend it. The base of the machine with the X-Roll track mounted on it extends about 24" in front of the cast iron table and 24" behind the table if these are the measurements you need to know.

Dave Moorhouse
06-21-2016, 6:34 AM
The 1500 outrigger table might still be available as a free of charge option and I would highly recommend it. The base of the machine with the X-Roll track mounted on it extends about 24" in front of the cast iron table and 24" behind the table if these are the measurements you need to know.

Hi All
Thanks for the really useful info. John nailed the missing piece of the puzzle (length of XRoll base track) and I found the PDF on the Felder website - you have to access the Adobe flash version of the catalog which then gives the option to download a pdf :)

I'll do some CAD layouts for my workshop to ensure I hit the sweet spot between size, and fit.

Thanks again