PDA

View Full Version : New Yankee wookshop plans

bob stotts
06-17-2016, 10:00 AM
The web site is still there but you can't buy anything from it Is their a place to purchase those plans new or used? thanks

lowell holmes
06-17-2016, 10:40 AM
I didn't order a set, but I did get to a place where I could give them shipping info and credit card numbers.

What did you experience?

Von Bickley
06-17-2016, 11:30 AM
Instead of looking for individual plans, I would look for his books.

Paul Wunder
06-17-2016, 12:06 PM
Bob,

I just went to the NY website and I think it is working but may be a bit clunky.

I looked for the router table video and then added it to "my cart" . Ordinarily, one would expect that you would see a "click box" offering "checkout" or "continue shopping".........there was none.

I then clicked on the "my cart" icon at the upper right corner of the web page. That took me to the checkout process (name, address, etc.). I did not go further, but perhaps that will work for you

bob stotts
06-17-2016, 2:29 PM
I didn't order a set, but I did get to a place where I could give them shipping info and credit card numbers.

What did you experience?

Just a blank white box.

bob stotts
06-17-2016, 2:30 PM
Bob,

I just went to the NY website and I think it is working but may be a bit clunky.

I looked for the router table video and then added it to "my cart" . Ordinarily, one would expect that you would see a "click box" offering "checkout" or "continue shopping".........there was none.

I then clicked on the "my cart" icon at the upper right corner of the web page. That took me to the checkout process (name, address, etc.). I did not go further, but perhaps that will work for you

I could not get anything to work other than a video

bob stotts
06-17-2016, 2:32 PM
I thought about that but would like the plan and video.

Paul Wunder
06-17-2016, 4:04 PM
Bob,

In case you are unsuccessful getting the NYW Router table video take a look at the following link:

http://www.crestonwood.com/router.php

Very detailed plans, with pictures, of a Norm Abrams look-alike with some nice improvements. I used both plans in building mine.

P.S> Have you tried re-booting your browser and or PC. Might help.

bob stotts
06-17-2016, 5:26 PM
There is some problem with ie another computer with chrone and everything works great .again thanks

Jim Dwight
06-18-2016, 8:51 AM
My router table is also based loosely on Norm's design but I incorporated a homemade lift that is based upon a design from American Woodworker. Works great. That link is great - the guy did a lot of work to get the plans and pictures posted.

Michael Dye
06-19-2016, 8:54 AM
Paul, your table is a beauty. I built mine about 10 years ago and based it, loosely, on Norm's plans. The big difference between yours and mine is that I used a different router without a lift. Been giving thought to the Woodpecker lift with a 7518. I also had the opportunity to pick up an extruded aluminum fence that has everything yours has, without the fabrication time. Going back to the lift, I might have to do that as a Father's Day present to myself.