PDA

View Full Version : Going to Spokane to take a class

Michael Cole
06-15-2016, 9:29 PM
I live in NW Montana and no where around here does classes, so I am going to Spokane to take a class at Woodcraft. The class has a prereq of a beginning class but the instructor called me today and said I could join in. I am excited. Been playing a little most days with the lathe, but could really use some help to get going.

kip allen
06-15-2016, 10:17 PM
Good for you. You will get a lot of some hands on instruction. My only warning is that it is very additive and once you start you will never stop. Take me as an example, I will be 70 this November and lost my right leg last year and I still can't stay away from the darn thing. In fact I just bought my 4th lathe. Worked my way up to the one I have now (Laguna 1836). The costs of the lathe is just a small part of the total cost. Good luck and let us know now you made out.

Dan Forman
06-16-2016, 11:36 AM
Michael - I live in Spokane - when is your class, and how much time will you have when here? I would be happy to get together with you if you have the time. Will PM with contact info. Which class are you signed up for?

Dan

Allan Ferguson
06-18-2016, 9:12 AM
I would also be available to work with you starting in August. Republic Wa.

Peter Blair
06-18-2016, 10:02 AM
Michael, I will be in Missoula for three weeks starting about mid July. I would love to visit your shop and we might even turn something?
Pete

Michael Cole
06-18-2016, 10:10 PM
Thanks for all the offers! Could be a lot of fun and learning for me.
339403 This is the bowl I made at the class. I ended up being the only student and the instructor still held it for me. Thanks to Pat Hickey. Had a great time.

Jamie Straw
06-19-2016, 12:02 AM
Thanks for all the offers! Could be a lot of fun and learning for me.
339403 This is the bowl I made at the class. I ended up being the only student and the instructor still held it for me. Thanks to Pat Hickey. Had a great time.

Totally cool, Michael. Isn't it fun? I love the memory of a workshop taken with Bonnie Klein (very basic, beginner's stuff) and how "high" I was afterward. Hope you're able to spend time with the people who offered!