PDA

View Full Version : fiber and marking field

Rodne Gold
06-15-2016, 9:25 AM
Decided to get myself a 20w fiber. (with a rotary extra......door to door ...all came to round $7k with duties , freight etc )
Paid for on a Thursday , came to my door wed the next week!!!!!!!

At any rate , I decided to go for a 200 x 200 marking field F-theta lens which works beautifully

As an example , to engrave and cut a 200 x 200 rowmark gold/black type material (yes it works brilliantly both engraving and cutting it) plaque, took 2 minutes vs the 15-30 mins on our Co2's

All I had to do to the machine on getting it was set up the red pointer , correct for scale and pincushion distortions , a real snap, A teensy bit of teamview with the supplier to check it all out and ready to go..

Very happy with the speed and marking field size and thus decided to go for 110x110mm as well.. a F-theta lens for 110 was $300... 3 days ex china.

I am amazed at the increase of speed and much better marking on metal with the 110, 4-8x faster and sometimes more.

I was doing a 7 pass 15 speed 100% power to cut the Rowmark type stuff , now a single pass at 25 speed....

I have watched a zillion youtubes on fibre engraving , the machine I was supplied seems a lot faster than a lot of the vids doing the same thing... anyway its an excellent and portable machine

I use EZcad.. easy to use if a bit clunky ..

To avoid having to reset galvo and red pointer corrections every time you want to use a different lens , I have 2 copies of the program in 2 different folders , running one has all the corrections and parameters for the 200x200 , the other has it all for the 110x110.

Its like a 30 second job to replace lenses. So easy to flip from 200x200mm to 110x110mm depending on job

Major increase in flexibility for very little money.

Mike Null
06-15-2016, 10:56 AM
Rodney

Interesting report. It's very tempting to bite the bullet on a fiber machine, especially at those prices.

Kev Williams
06-15-2016, 5:15 PM
Fun! My 30w fiber should be here next week, I'm a little excited!

Hope I can find time to learn how to use the thing... ;)

Keith Winter
06-15-2016, 9:15 PM
Congrats on the new machine Rodne, sounds amazing!

Decided to get myself a 20w fiber. (with a rotary extra......door to door ...all came to round $7k with duties , freight etc )
Paid for on a Thursday , came to my door wed the next week!!!!!!!

At any rate , I decided to go for a 200 x 200 marking field F-theta lens which works beautifully

As an example , to engrave and cut a 200 x 200 rowmark gold/black type material (yes it works brilliantly both engraving and cutting it) plaque, took 2 minutes vs the 15-30 mins on our Co2's

All I had to do to the machine on getting it was set up the red pointer , correct for scale and pincushion distortions , a real snap, A teensy bit of teamview with the supplier to check it all out and ready to go..

Very happy with the speed and marking field size and thus decided to go for 110x110mm as well.. a F-theta lens for 110 was $300... 3 days ex china.

I am amazed at the increase of speed and much better marking on metal with the 110, 4-8x faster and sometimes more.

I was doing a 7 pass 15 speed 100% power to cut the Rowmark type stuff , now a single pass at 25 speed....

I have watched a zillion youtubes on fibre engraving , the machine I was supplied seems a lot faster than a lot of the vids doing the same thing... anyway its an excellent and portable machine

I use EZcad.. easy to use if a bit clunky ..

To avoid having to reset galvo and red pointer corrections every time you want to use a different lens , I have 2 copies of the program in 2 different folders , running one has all the corrections and parameters for the 200x200 , the other has it all for the 110x110.

Its like a 30 second job to replace lenses. So easy to flip from 200x200mm to 110x110mm depending on job

Major increase in flexibility for very little money.